Make a donation

Author Topic: Bcs exhaust  (Read 22145 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Bcs exhaust
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »
I feel the length of time I had my Miltek for (off the top of my head 4 years) is long enough to form an opinion on its longetivity.  I've had my BCS half that time but often quote the condition of Carlos that I know was fitted sometime before mine and having seen it recently it's still pristine.

I have strong negative feelings towards the miltek I had and my experiences with it.

I get excited sharing ALL my mods and purchases, I feel lucky to still have my car in this climate and after a substantial loss of allowances & financial perks and am really happy with what I've managed to achieve this year with the car and like to share it.
I hope I don't come across as shouting about my purchases anymore than the next guy.

:grouphug:

:congrats:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 05:41:45 pm »
It still puzzles me as to why BCS customers feel the need to be........

A. So protective over a system they have had fitted for barley twelve months (but are happy to criticise the longevity/build quality of others).

B. Seem so anti every other brand of exhaust

C. Feel the need to shout about their latest purchase to anyone prepared to listen (or not).

:confused:

Please note, the above are genuine questions and in no way am I looking to goad any fanbois into a state of frenzy over an exhaust system.....  :indifferent:

Its not just BCS customers Nath... plenty of other folk harp on about product ??? having had little or no experience of other version available!!

I hear you Rich, but there are far more BCS threads knocking around currently than anything else.

Maybe the BCS really is a better option after all  :signLOL:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »

A. So protective over a system they have had fitted for barley twelve months (but are happy to criticise the longevity/build quality of others).

Because so many people do not believe it's a better product, yest so many others say the same, surely we cannot all be wrong  :happy2:

I have never said a bad word about any exhaust other than the milltek, which as others clearly have stated has it's issues  :happy2:

C. Feel the need to shout about their latest purchase to anyone prepared to listen (or not).

Everyone shouts about their "New Bits", surely you have seen the "Build Thread/Owners rides" section?  :confused:

Please note, the above are genuine questions and in no way am I looking to goad any fanbois into a state of frenzy over an exhaust system.....  :indifferent:

I trust my replies answer your questions  :happy2:

Had a feeling I'd get a response from you..............

Gotta be honest, the whole debate bores me to tears but I just can't help getting out the waders and keep net occasionally.

It still amazes me in the current climate we live in (i.e far more important things going on) that people can get so hot under the collar about a 'product' they have purchased and feel the need to defend it with such gusto!  :confused:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2012, 05:44:16 pm »

Its not just BCS customers Nath... plenty of other folk harp on about product ??? having had little or no experience of other version available!!

I hear you Rich, but there are far more BCS threads knocking around currently than anything else.

Maybe the BCS really is a better option after all  :signLOL:

No more questions your honour..........

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »

Because so many people do not believe it's a better product, yest so many others say the same, surely we cannot all be wrong  :happy2:

I have never said a bad word about any exhaust other than the milltek, which as others clearly have stated has it's issues  :happy2:

Everyone shouts about their "New Bits", surely you have seen the "Build Thread/Owners rides" section?  :confused:

Please note, the above are genuine questions and in no way am I looking to goad any fanbois into a state of frenzy over an exhaust system.....  :indifferent:

I trust my replies answer your questions  :happy2:

Had a feeling I'd get a response from you..............

TBH the way you wrote your post it must have been written knowing I would reply to your post!

Gotta be honest, the whole debate bores me to tears but I just can't help getting out the waders and keep net occasionally.

Likewise I get bored of the whole APR/Revo talk that goes on on this site, I try to avoid that lot

It still amazes me in the current climate we live in (i.e far more important things going on) that people can get so hot under the collar about a 'product' they have purchased and feel the need to defend it with such gusto!  :confused:

When someone who owns a Milltek has a pop at the BCS (Because it' not a "Milltek" (a well known brand) and is not on a BTCC car and therefore is inferior, your gonna get replies defending the product you have spent your hard earned on, it will be interesting to see how many folks complain about their BCS after 12 months compared to quotes on the Milltek issues that "Some" have suffered

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=v7ib51dtasv28lctv73suktu6s&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »

Please note, the above are genuine questions and in no way am I looking to goad any fanbois into a state of frenzy over an exhaust system.....  :indifferent:

And Mike, stop being a Brown Nose!!  :laugh:  :wink: Seriously, not pointing any fingers buddy, just a generalisation at the current climate and flavour of the forum currently.

Just cos its new (relatively) on the scene. I imagine there were equal number of Milltek threads when they first brought out their MK5 GTI system.

I honestly dont think there is need for either parties to get there knickers in a twist over this. If people are happy with brand A/B/C then i don't see an issue with them telling us about the product involved. If i bought a milltek TBE and put a post up saying that its amazing and the best thing since sliced bread, would that be a problem? (given that there are 10,000 other posts [admittedly 9,586 of those are Robins] about milltek exhausts?)

Maybe nige was/is a bit forward in pushing his new exhaust company, but please don't chastise other that are happy with his products.

Im lucky because I have to make do with the OEM exhaust system. The OEM TBE system is actually surprisingly good value for money when you compare it to BCS/APR/Milltek system. It doesnt suffer from manufacturing defects either so you can sleep easy at night knowing that your OEM GTI TBE will last you 100,000miles+ without needing someone to weld it back up. Also, a lot of people have commented on the sound of my OEM exhaust and asked my if i have changed it. I also opted for the matt black exhaust tips, this can be achieved FOC by never cleaning them.... this looks really 'scene' and will trick lots of folk into thinking its a diesel, coupled with a TDI badge on the back and youll have the ultimate 'f*** you' rear, for booting it away from annoying clowns in audis and bmws.

Please contact you local VW showroom for prices and more information on this fantastic product.

Peace!   :drinking:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:58:25 pm by richwig83 »

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »
i could have sworn that Nigel said that removing the suitcase wasn't wise as it would make the car too boomy... so i'm a little surprised to see the BCS offering doesn't have one either?

If your down at JKM in October feel free to come for a spin, you will NOT hear a boomy exhaust (this is one of the many reasons I did not buy a Milltek)  :happy2:

I won't be unfortunately, but I've always wanted to compare my Blueflame to a BCS
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »

When someone who owns a Milltek has a pop at the BCS (Because it' not a "Milltek" (a well known brand) and is not on a BTCC car and therefore is inferior, your gonna get replies defending the product you have spent your hard earned on, it will be interesting to see how many folks complain about their BCS after 12 months compared to quotes on the Milltek issues that "Some" have suffered.

....Well, as I heard my name mentioned (by Hedge) I thought it would be rude not to join in.

Not everyone who is a Milltek fanboy (and yes I am) has a pop at BCS or other rivals. In fact I have posted many many times that, although I have never owned a BCS or APR exhaust, they are very worthy of equal consideration.

I do understand people wanting to share their enthusiasm for a particular product though.

As Greeners says, these endless debates are boring and are never resolved anyway.

I gotta say that I laughed out loud at TC's witty posts in this thread  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Betty jnr

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 06:42:27 pm »
Can't we all just get along :D
Edition 30 reflex silver no.0157 "Betty jnr" bcs decat sport exhaust, airtec twincooler, vwr intake, koni coilovers, walk kit, apr stage II+, GFB DV+, full polybush, eibach anti roll bars, camber adjustable ball joints, red forge coolant hoses, helix stage 1 clutch and full r32 brake set up with ebc pads and discs
25th Anniversary black magic pearl no.1718 "Betty" SOLD!!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »
i could have sworn that Nigel said that removing the suitcase wasn't wise as it would make the car too boomy... so i'm a little surprised to see the BCS offering doesn't have one either?

If your down at JKM in October feel free to come for a spin, you will NOT hear a boomy exhaust (this is one of the many reasons I did not buy a Milltek)  :happy2:

I won't be unfortunately, but I've always wanted to compare my Blueflame to a BCS

You probably can see similarities between them, but I am sure if Nige came along and told us all the differences between them it would be clear they were different (I know the Downpipes are different as I remember bing told that, other than that I can't comment on the blueflame, same as I dont comment on APR/Scorpion/Jetex/magnex etc), having seen/heard a Milltek (and had one in my hands) and chose a BCS I feel I can comment on them both  :happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 06:53:24 pm »

When someone who owns a Milltek has a pop at the BCS (Because it' not a "Milltek" (a well known brand) and is not on a BTCC car and therefore is inferior, your gonna get replies defending the product you have spent your hard earned on, it will be interesting to see how many folks complain about their BCS after 12 months compared to quotes on the Milltek issues that "Some" have suffered.

....Well, as I heard my name mentioned (by Hedge & Richwig) I thought it would be rude not to join in.

Not everyone who is a Milltek fanboy (and yes I am) has a pop at BCS or other rivals. In fact I have posted many many times that, although I have never owned a BCS or APR exhaust, they are very worthy of equal consideration.

I only "Have a pop" about Milltek when a newbie comes along and a current member recommends them outright (Whether he owns one or not) without actuall considering any of the other offerings

I do understand people wanting to share their enthusiasm for a particular product though.

Absolutely

As Greeners says, these endless debates are boring and are never resolved anyway.

Totally agree, they just go on with people taking sides

I gotta say that I laughed out loud at TC's witty posts in this thread  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Offline tommy_a

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:40 pm »
OP - exhaust looks great!

Everyone else - your arguing over an exhaust! Go look in the mirror and have a word with yourself!

At the end of the day this is a car forum! The perfect place to show off your new mod, even if it has been posted several times before!

I've had peugeots all my driving life, and only moved to the VAG scene about 2 years ago. On the French forums everyone pretty much gets on and helps each other. On the vag forums everyone just bitches all the time over nothing! Sort it out!
R32

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 09:30:40 pm »

I've had peugeots all my driving life, and only moved to the VAG scene about 2 years ago. On the French forums everyone pretty much gets on and helps each other. On the vag forums everyone just bitches all the time over nothing! Sort it out!

....Are you really suggesting that folks don't help each other much on this forum? - If you look you'll read so much hard evidence to the contrary, monsieur.

We help each other, we enthuse about our cars and everything related to them, we help each other with non car related subjects too, we laugh, we banter, and we occasionally bitch and some throw their toys out the pram.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »

I started typing the same response Robin.  Met some absolutely top blokes and have seen & know people on here go above and beyond & out of their way to help each other out.  Even when barely knowing the other party

I agree if you look around you'll see it happening Tommy  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »
Plus the Pug boys have to stick together, because the cars fall part.  :star: