Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello !  (Read 7552 times)

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Hello !
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 06:41:09 pm »
Greenouse ....

What exactly is it you have - I take it you've a SC Stage 2 map with your TBE not what I have map wise for 324 bhp  :laugh:  I'll feel very inadequate if you got that with a TBE and their standard map !

I take it the Stage 2 map runs more boost as it can get away with it - the exhaust meaning the gasses don't get too hot ?

Did you do a run before getting the stuff done ? 

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 06:46:21 pm »
he has full miltek and stage 2 bluefin , and his is manual iirc

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 06:47:58 pm »
Hi SO8,

I also have a DSG car (standard zorst) and my map is effectively the superchips one.

On Superchips MaHa rollers I saw 303bhp (mine has 12.5K on it at the time) and 290BHP on the same Dyno Dynamics rollers where Greenouse saw 324bhp (as 182_blue says he has the non-res TB Milltek and Stage 2 Bluefin).

I will be going back to get my map updated after I have my Milltek TB put on and hope to see a small increase, but like you said with DSG cars they really rain in the torque over the manual versions.

Cheers,

Steve

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 06:49:51 pm »
Greenouse ....

What exactly is it you have - I take it you've a SC Stage 2 map with your TBE not what I have map wise for 324 bhp  :laugh:  I'll feel very inadequate if you got that with a TBE and their standard map !

I take it the Stage 2 map runs more boost as it can get away with it - the exhaust meaning the gasses don't get too hot ?

Did you do a run before getting the stuff done ? 

As Shaun said I have Stage 2 and TB Milltek. And also a Carbon air intake. The difference between the two maps is night and day as you can feel the surge come in later and for longer. As soon as I drove it I realised they were going for more power.

I think being a manual it helps to  :happy2:

EDIT: Didn't RR it before the map im afraid.

Cheers,
Nathan

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 07:00:59 pm »
another member did have his RR before and after and his was like night and day  :evilgrin:

Offline SO8

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 07:06:13 pm »
Hi SO8,

I also have a DSG car (standard zorst) and my map is effectively the superchips one.

On Superchips MaHa rollers I saw 303bhp (mine has 12.5K on it at the time) and 290BHP on the same Dyno Dynamics rollers where Greenouse saw 324bhp (as 182_blue says he has the non-res TB Milltek and Stage 2 Bluefin).

I will be going back to get my map updated after I have my Milltek TB put on and hope to see a small increase, but like you said with DSG cars they really rain in the torque over the manual versions.

Cheers,

Steve

Nathan, thanks !

Steve, thanks for the info ... I think Nathan's being manual is the main thing that gives SC's a bit more of a free rein !  That and it's obviously a 'good' one power wise (not that any seem exactly bad  :smiley:)

I would be really interested to hear how you get on if you get a full TBE and Stage 2 with the DSG !!  I wonder how far SC will go - I imagine more top end due to more boost higher up but still restricted by the box lower down.  I may speak to them to see where they go with it - but that, knowing me, could be expensive  :wink: 

I went the SC route to preserve the warranty ... and seeing a Milltek may raise a few suspicions at the dealers !    Insurance not worried by an exhaust but I don't want to compromise the warranty so it may have to wait .... a bit at least  :grin:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 07:35:06 pm »
^^^ I will be posting details of my mods as they happen so it would hopefully give you some ideas of what to expect with a DSG car  :happy2:

From discussions I have had with Richter and Superchips about my future Milltek TBE plans they have said the gains will be mainly in top end torque as they really try to limit the initial burst of torque to protect the box.

They also mentioned some other ideas about possible future changes to remove part of the rev limiter for DSG cars so you can hold it in gear longer and extract more power as they have typically found the box will force a gear change before peak power is produced.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 04:02:32 pm »
welcome mate