Make a donation

Author Topic: Car already remapped  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Wellsy1976

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Car already remapped
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
Hi All

I purchased my golf Pirelli addition two weeks ago and was really happy with the performace but coming from and evo x I wanted a little more. I ordered the blufin stage one device and uploaded the map today, however, they called me to say the car already had some type of map already on it

They said it had been crudely done and their map would show some improvements so I installed today to give it a try. Now I "think" it feels a little sharper but not sure if I'm trying to convince myself that. Is it £400 better, Again not sure

Is there anyway of finding out what map was already on the car. Superchips say they don't know.

Thanks

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Re: Car already remapped
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »
The only way of finding out would be to contact the previous owner and ask.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »
Find a local tuner that has a dyno and has experience with the TFSi and Bosch ME9 ecu system and go from there. They should be able to compare the current map with a stock version and give you an opinion of the quality of the mapping that is on there.

Offline Wellsy1976

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:00 pm »
Thanks all. I think that's the only option. I have called all the main tuners and none have a record of it. The super chip does feel better than the old one just not sure if its £400 better