Make a donation

Author Topic: Cooper's GTI  (Read 10100 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Cooper's GTI
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 01:17:34 pm »
holy sh*t...oops sorry censors but dammm fella they cool shmart!! :jumping:
but i think they would better on bmp so please feel free to post them to essex forthwith :jumpmove:

loving that look.........not jealous at all no no no no :sad1:
more pics!
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 01:19:51 pm »
Looks good Cooper.. :happy2:
What are the width and offset of the wheels and tyre size on rim as i can see you have some strech going on and it looks just right to me :drinking:

Cheers

Fronts are 18x8.5J ET59 with an 8mm spacer as the wheels would have been grinding on the struts and the rears are 18x9.5J ET46. They have got 225/40 tyres on so the fronts are fine and there is a bit of stretch on the rears but nothing silly  :wink:
C63
SQ5

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 07:42:24 pm »
So I haven't updated this in ages, made a few changes.

Discs and pads needed changing a few months ago so got some Zero Sixty grooved and dimpled discs and Hawk HPS pads all round, then had a custom stage 1 map put on by a local tuner (www.bigfishtuning.co.uk) top bloke and will remap anything for £250!
Also got another set of Monza II's to run over the winter as I didn't want my RH's getting ruined by all of the salt on the roads. They were cheap and needed a refurb due to a bit of kerbing but I went the cheap route with a bit of inspiration from our friends over the pond and got some matt black plastidip. Really good stuff, really easy and gives a great finish. Can only tell they'd been kerbed when you look closely so they were fine to run over the winter. Also Plastidipped the Wing mirrors and front grill mask.
Also modified my US spec front end cover so that I could use it with my number plate on show, any way here's come pics of how it's currently looking after a good clean today, even cleaned my engine bay! Not great pics by the way, iPhone camera!

Really liking the way that it looks on the black wheels so considering having my RH's refurbed similar to this

C63
SQ5

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 08:09:17 pm »
My old wheels came up well mate :happy2: Car looks  8) well done I wouldn't mind my CH reps doing like that if you want something to keep you busy :happy2: :grin:

Darren

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »
Very Nice mate.  :happy2:

I think my next one will be grey!   :love:

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:47 pm »
Your car is amazing :O

But i personally don't like the mud flaps :/
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:25 am »
My old wheels came up well mate :happy2: Car looks  8) well done I wouldn't mind my CH reps doing like that if you want something to keep you busy :happy2: :grin:

Darren

Yeah they look pretty smart and like I say you can barely seen the kerbing unless you get right up close to them.
Plastidip is really gud stuff, can see why the yanks love it so much, only took one spray can to do all four wheels too!

Your car is amazing :O

But i personally don't like the mud flaps :/

Thanks.

I know what you mean, they're more about function than form though, work in the middle of no where and just trying to keep the build up of crap to a minimum. Looking at getting my lowers colour coded soon though and doubt I'll keep them on after that.
C63
SQ5