Make a donation

Author Topic: BMW M3 (E92) ADVICE PLEASE  (Read 2197 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: BMW M3 (E92) ADVICE PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 06:59:12 pm »
servicing for the 92 m3 is not cheap i would look into the prices of brake discs etc . but if that does not worry you then they are great cars 2 drive and sound beautiful .  :happy2:

£200 / £600 / £900 for the big one.... not that different to VAG.

Most will have the 5 year servicing pack, buy wisely and the above won't hurt you.
Sideways yo!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:49 pm »
Very nice cars that we often see, I wanted one badly but bought a 135i instead. The sound with a nice exhaust is addictive and the DCT is great, but you do need to be willing to use the revs to get the most out of the engine.

EVERY nobhead in a civic type R, Subaru or Clio sport will go into Schumacher mode behind you at every opportunity.

Maybe this will interest you:
&sns=em

I would have a DCT model with EDC in white and sell a kidney for the ESS supercharger kit any day.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:05:53 am »
 As said the 335i is not in the same league as the m3 infact I'd say the non m cars e90 chassis is one of the worst they've built. take the 335 to birds for the bushings, diff, arbs and suspension along with the big horse conversion and you could of bought the m3 in the first place. I looked in to doing it with my old one as I couldn't live with its floppy handling but the cost of the conversion could of bought me another car so I traded it back in for another edition 30.
The M is in a different league and would be a great choice as long as petrol costs are not to much of an issue for you
And the dct box is meant to be very good so I hear - only been in a manual ( remapped ) and tbh I loved it.
It's a shame though I've had an e30 M3 ( 3rd car when I was 20 ) e36 m3 Evo and the e46 M3 and was really looking forward to owning an e9* one day, but sadly it's thirst for fuel is too rich for my blood !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN