Make a donation

Author Topic: Look at this, you will be disgusted.  (Read 4074 times)

Offline gazon69

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Look at this, you will be disgusted.
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
I was visiting my wifes grandma in hospital today, i parked up at the hospital car park which was next to the STAFF car park.
I cut through the STAFF carpark and as i was walking through, for some reason my eyes always seem to be drawn towards vag metal. It was a 57 plate audi a3 2.0tdi quattro. Upon getting closer i looked down at the wheels for some reason, to my horror i saw this, couldn't resist a picture.

This was the rear drivers side tyre. I was stood there thinking to myself, "fook me thats taking the pi55"
Anyways, looked at the other rear and saw this.

And yes that is the chords showing all the way around.I was absolutely gobsmacked and disgusted that someone that works in a hospital can let their tyres get in this state knowing the damage that this could cause to not onlythemselves but other road users, pedestrians etc. Knowing that they get fatalities and Injurys in probably every day. Makes my blood boil. How on earth they haven't been caught is beyond me as those were the REAR tyres and clearly visible. Bearing in mind that i noticed
these with a quick glance, how the owner hasn't noticed these is beyond me. Wish i was a rozzer, i would have hung drawn and quartered the fookers. Rant over
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:54:46 pm by gazon69 »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ku9qf29eskb5jnvop54ccjjkv0&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Look at this, you will be disgusted.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
Some people don't give 2 sh*ts about cars and maintenance. Those tyres are shocking!!  :surprised:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »
That's nuts. I'd have left a note saying you would be informing the police, in the hope it would sh*t them up enough to change them.

I don't really get how they can get that bad between MOTs. Even if they were on the limit last MOT surely the rears can't deteriorate that badly...

h4rdy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »
Ill put money on it that its either a dodgy MOT or his/her mate has a spare set of wheels.

Can you not report him/her anyway with the photo evidence?

Sorry but I would.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »
Ill put money on it that its either a dodgy MOT or his/her mate has a spare set of wheels.

Can you not report him/her anyway with the photo evidence?

Sorry but I would.
no idea mate, but i was in two minds wether to. Surely even the dodgiest of mot'ers would tell them to do 1 with those.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
Its not as if the car was a total nail either.

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »
Easily done, the driver is probably the only user of the car, they get in and out the drivers side. They never see the passenger side, and only go to the rear to fill up.

Big time worth a note on the window.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:48 pm »
Easily done, the driver is probably the only user of the car, they get in and out the drivers side. They never see the passenger side, and only go to the rear to fill up.

Bullsh*t. Lol. It's the drivers responsibility. You can't just plead ignorance. Even with a hire car you are still meant to check for valid tax and decent tyres.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

both rear tyres were fooked. And how the car was parked in the bay it was unmissable. Let them try telling Mr Plod "they never noticed". Suppose they'll notice when one goes pop

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »
I suspect there's one or two of Her Majesty's finest lurking on here...

Changing the subject completely, which hospital's your wife's Gran in?  Are they looking after her?  Hope she gets better soon. :wink:

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:59 pm »

Bullsh*t. Lol. It's the drivers responsibility. You can't just plead ignorance. Even with a hire car you are still meant to check for valid tax and decent tyres.

Woah steady on my little internet warrior, I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's my guess on how it's got to that stage.

You think if you give a motor like that to a women who drives 40 miles round trip daily to a shift, my money goes on they don't know how to check the water, let alone anything else.

I'd say for some who are just ignorant when it comes to cars, they wouldn't even think of looking.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29:12 pm »
I suspect there's one or two of Her Majesty's finest lurking on here...

Changing the subject completely, which hospital's your wife's Gran in?  Are they looking after her?  Hope she gets better soon. :wink:

not good mate, all the family are on a bedside vigil as she's been told she's got a matter of hours to live. Thanks for asking though mate.

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 08:35:47 pm »

both rear tyres were fooked. And how the car was parked in the bay it was unmissable. Let them try telling Mr Plod "they never noticed". Suppose they'll notice when one goes pop

I hope they do get stopped and ticketed for it. But I learnt something at a very early age - "Never under estimate the power of stupidity"

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ku9qf29eskb5jnvop54ccjjkv0&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:59 pm »

x2.... its not easily done at all! Its so bleeding obvious....

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 08:50:21 pm »

x2.... its not easily done at all! Its so bleeding obvious....

To us, yes.

Play devils advocate for a second.

My brothers girlfriend drives a KA. She drove the car for a week with no rear bumper, and stated she  didn't know it was missing.

Trust me, when you're not expecting something and take no care or interest in your car, that is something that can be missed.

However wrong it is.