Make a donation

Author Topic: Look at this, you will be disgusted.  (Read 4072 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Look at this, you will be disgusted.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
Bullsh*t. Lol. It's the drivers responsibility. You can't just plead ignorance. Even with a hire car you are still meant to check for valid tax and decent tyres.
Yes you're meant to but not everyone will. One of the girls at work is just not interested in cars. Doesn't check fluids level. Doesn't check tyre pressures. Just drives it. It gets serviced same time as MOT. She wouldn't even think to check tyre depth or be aware that the tyres were worn.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gizmo68

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • We're here for a good time, not a long time
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 09:30:20 pm »
I was absolutely gobsmacked and disgusted that someone that works in a hospital can let their tyres get in this state knowing the damage that this could cause to not onlythemselves but other road users, pedestrians etc. Knowing that they get fatalities and Injurys in probably every day. Makes my blood boil.

Sorry, yet you are implying that you STILL didn't report it?

Don't feel bad about it.... you could be the one saving them from that very accident!
VCDS HEX-NET & VCP owner (covers all VAG cars)
(PM me if you require VCDS or VCP coding or scanning in Kent)

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »
Probably a female driver. I would have left a note stating the condition of her tyres

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »
Bullsh*t. Lol. It's the drivers responsibility. You can't just plead ignorance. Even with a hire car you are still meant to check for valid tax and decent tyres.
Yes you're meant to but not everyone will. One of the girls at work is just not interested in cars. Doesn't check fluids level. Doesn't check tyre pressures. Just drives it. It gets serviced same time as MOT. She wouldn't even think to check tyre depth or be aware that the tyres were worn.
I agree it happens. But I do not agree its easily done. People can't just plead ignorance on this kind of stuff because they have no interest. Part of the responsibility of being in charge of a 1.5tonne killing machine.

Someone could not plead "I have no interest in cars, so don't check" if they wiped out a car on greasy country roads. There is just no excuse for people being like this. It should be mandatory on the driving test for these to be tested as well. Show someone a dangerous car, and the pupil should have to point out everything.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 11:50:07 pm »
I also go along with what moz is saying there are people out there that just get in and drive not thinking twice about what is on the outside of the piece of metal they are driving. Until they wipe someone out or get stopped then that is when they go "no officer I didn't realise they where that bad"!!!

When I bought my zafira Vxr the front tyres where just has bad has in the ops pics actually glad I changed the engine cos I hate to think it had been thrashed to within an inch of its life?

I also would have gone in but would have been curious to see who owned the car? then reported them.

R32UK

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 11:57:59 pm »
my cousin has a citroen c1... she drove all the way from london to birmingham with the boot open and never realised. thats just how stupid women can be  :pomppomp:

Nasir

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:00 am »
That's nuts. I'd have left a note saying you would be informing the police, in the hope it would sh*t them up enough to change them.

I don't really get how they can get that bad between MOTs. Even if they were on the limit last MOT surely the rears can't deteriorate that badly...

Probably not gone in for an MOT yet and it gets serviced two years after registration. Surely you'd feel or even hear that something is off?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 12:41:37 am »
afraid i see it all the time at work now

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:33 am »
That's nuts. I'd have left a note saying you would be informing the police, in the hope it would sh*t them up enough to change them.

I don't really get how they can get that bad between MOTs. Even if they were on the limit last MOT surely the rears can't deteriorate that badly...

Probably not gone in for an MOT yet and it gets serviced two years after registration. Surely you'd feel or even hear that something is off?

It's a 57-plate though, so it will have had MOTs.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 07:18:50 am »
Insurance would be invalid too if this car had a prang of any sort......  :stupid:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:36 am »
I was absolutely gobsmacked and disgusted that someone that works in a hospital can let their tyres get in this state knowing the damage that this could cause to not onlythemselves but other road users, pedestrians etc. Knowing that they get fatalities and Injurys in probably every day. Makes my blood boil.

Don't feel bad about it.... you could be the one saving them from that very accident!
actually i DID report it.  :P

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 08:52:31 am »

actually i DID report it.  :P

:congrats:

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:50 am »
I also go along with what moz is saying there are people out there that just get in and drive not thinking twice about what is on the outside of the piece of metal they are driving.
This is the point i just dont get with some people. It is a motor vehicle that will require attention sometimes. They look down at the fuel gauge to refill it dont they. Im sorry that just doesn't eash with me im afraid. Feckin idiots. My missus knows absolutely jack about cars, she is neither one bit interested in them but as soon as the slightest rattle occurs she is on to me to find out what it is and get it sorted.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:56:05 am by gazon69 »

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:35 am »
Surely you'd feel or even hear that something is off?

You'd like to think so. A few months ago I was walking alongside the A38 in Brum (40 limit) and heard a thwok, thwok, thwock, from behind. I turned expecting to see an old beaten up Fiesta. It was a 4 year old Honda Civic Type R with 18's and his front left was completely flat! To the driver it must have felt like he was driving on cobbles. Must have been pulling heavily to the left but he kept going.

I don't know about you guys but I can tell if one of my tyres is a little under pressure before the Tyre Pressure Warning flags it!

2017 Audi S4

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 10:09:05 am »
I have a friend who's a fitter for Halfords, I hear some horror stories from him  :confused: the excuse of 'not being interested' in cars is not valid as it's their responsibility under the highway code, which they agree to abide by when they receive their driving license...and everyone mows their lawn and hoovers their carpets whether it interests them or not  :wink:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)