Make a donation

Author Topic: iPhone5 vs Samsung S3  (Read 1720 times)

R32UK

Re: iPhone5 vs Samsung S3
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:51 am »
s3 ftw

Offline majinvash

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • Eat, Sleep, Snowboard
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:14 am »
Both are great phones.

The build quality on the Apple is far superior than the Samsung, which is kinda important seeing as we are all forced to get 2 years agreements now.

There are more features on the Samsung but many of them require another Samsung to work with.

Depends what you want really.

If you want full control over your phone and lots of techy bits go Samsung. ( Although there is currently an exploit out, where someone can text you a link that wipes your phone ha )
If you are going to be running Windows 8 at home and at work, I would look to using a Windows based phone as the integration is going to be amazing.
If you want a phone that is going to last and do everything you want it to do well ( maybe not perfect as it has to be done the Apple way ) go Iphone.

I went Iphone 5, tried the Samsung wasn't swayed. And since my last iphone 4 lasted over 2 and a half years, travelled the world, was used as an Ipod to snowboard with so has seen all extremes of weather. I am happy with my choice.

I am not an Apple fan boy.. I hate Ipads and all that they stand for! Piece of crap, limited wastes of cash!

I recently won an Ipad through work and gave it to my girlfriend that same night.. She is a techy retard and loves it.. pretty much sums them up tbh.

Offline SteveS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:38 pm »
bump :p

I'm really stuck on what to do.. I'm due upgrade... I have the iphone 4s, the 5 is hardly any real change just little better all round.. I'm use to jailbreaking it anyway which gives me everything. The screen is just small which is my biggest woe.. the android apps are just rubbish compared to apple?

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:27 pm »
bump :p

I'm really stuck on what to do.. I'm due upgrade... I have the iphone 4s, the 5 is hardly any real change just little better all round.. I'm use to jailbreaking it anyway which gives me everything. The screen is just small which is my biggest woe.. the android apps are just rubbish compared to apple?
[/quote

Which apps are you referring to?  I find them very similar, there aren't a massive amount of games but then I hate touch screens for games.

Ipad apps are definitely better than their android tablet equivalents as they are generally just phone apps.

I can't think of any apps I lost changing to android, sky go took a while to officially be compatible with ICS but I like the fact my tv apps allow streaming over my data tariff whereas my iphone told me I needed to be on wifi

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:31 pm »
This is just what i have been lead to believe.. there are many, many more for ios than android too?  :confused: :ashamed:

Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 02:27:54 pm »
This is just what i have been lead to believe.. there are many, many more for ios than android too?  :confused: :ashamed:

I've thought of an app not on android, santander banking app.  Apart from that I've not missed a single one.  I think for the majority of people there is everything you need and seriously wouldn't worry about it.  I like the fact I could put all the n64, snes etc emulators on by simply downloading the program and roms, never managed to get it working on my iphone, not that I used them once the novelty wore off.  No substitute for a joypad

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »
For me it comes down to preference.  Have a good look at both phones and see which works for you. I feel both phones are equally matched.  Theres little in it personally.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 10:42:14 pm »
I bought the i5 64gb and a sam3 for the wife quality of the 5 is phenomenal, previous had a HTC desire which I thought was good qual but it started to fail after 15 months which isn't to bad really. Apps are better than android, the s3 is to big the smaller version coming out might be worth a shout, only thing I would change on the 5 would be to make the screen wider instead of taller like my old desire.

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »
I bought the i5 64gb and a sam3 for the wife quality of the 5 is phenomenal, previous had a HTC desire which I thought was good qual but it started to fail after 15 months which isn't to bad really. Apps are better than android, the s3 is to big the smaller version coming out might be worth a shout, only thing I would change on the 5 would be to make the screen wider instead of taller like my old desire.

this is everything i feel..

smaller4 samsung.. whens that?

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »
found this for any s3 owners... Standard is default, Original looks much better!!?