Make a donation

Author Topic: Singapore pics!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
Singapore pics!
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »
Awright?
Just got back from my "tour" of Singapore and Oz yesterday(I seriously hate long haul flights!) and I must say that if you have a chance,go to Singapore...it' is a supercar fanboys heaven.
Walking back from the F1 race on sunday night,the streets were full of Lambo's,Ferrari's,Aston Martins,even saw a couple of Mclaren MP4-12c and an Ascari!!
Not to mention the Lotus' and god knows what else giving it beans from a set of lights,making me think that this was their version of Tokyo's Midnight Racing club.
Some facts-1 in 6 of the population has over 1million singapore dollars in disposable cash and they need it...you have to apply for a permit which allows you to own a car...this costs S$58000.Then,if you buy an import, you can pay up to 100% of the cars retail value in tax and 90% of the major roads are toll paying. :scared: Don't think I'll complain about paying £225 in VED again....
Some pics;

Think this is Sebastian Vettel

one of the Marussia cars

Paul Di Resta

Schumacher

Porsche GT3 cup racer

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Singapore pics!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:26 am »
You lucky so and so.

My parents lived in Singapore for many years and yes tis a wee bit expensive to drive there. When they were there I think it was about £20k per car. Was so expensive, my dad imported his E Type over to Singapore as he thought "to he'll with it, why not".  Think that's expensive, try joining a golf club  :laugh:

I love that first shot of the Red Bull, cracking photo.  :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:26:08 pm »
i love singapore!!

been fortunate enough to have worked and lived there for a period of time a couple of years ago!!

Its true what you say about the expense, everything there costs a fortune! however you have to love the transport system as well as how clean the place is!!

Offline Max99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
  • White GTi owner
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:41:52 pm »
i went year before last and it was awesome, def going to go again, Loved singapore too

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:51:36 pm »
The Marussia is Timo Glock, the Mercedes is Nico Rosberg and the Force India is Nico Hulkenberg.  I obviously spend too much time watching F1!!

Great pictures, would love to see the Singapore Grand Prix, not the best place for racing but the atmosphere must be amazing.
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Max99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
  • White GTi owner
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »
Atmosphere is class, plus tickets are so cheap! :)