Make a donation

Author Topic: CH on Cars (M135i vs RS3)  (Read 20294 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: CH on Cars (M135i vs RS3)
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2012, 12:15:43 am »
Murdered? The rs3 lapped quicker on much inferior tyres. Supersports are worth 1.6 secs a lap over the average track.

at 3/4 of the price... i think its fair to say it was murdered. what scares me more is how poorly it drives. no doubt its a good a-b car, but at that price you need a little more for your money.

I agree the rs3 is overpriced, but when specces equally there is only a 6 k difference, which you will see in the residuals.

R32UK

« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 12:23:18 am »
Murdered? The rs3 lapped quicker on much inferior tyres. Supersports are worth 1.6 secs a lap over the average track.

at 3/4 of the price... i think its fair to say it was murdered. what scares me more is how poorly it drives. no doubt its a good a-b car, but at that price you need a little more for your money.

I agree the rs3 is overpriced, but when specces equally there is only a 6 k difference, which you will see in the residuals.

Its not the finer spec details that are the concern... its the fact that audi have taken essentially a 8yr old car, changed the engine and charged £40k for it!! They need to fix up... even more so before the proper M version comes out.  :scared:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:23 am »
If it sells it sells!

R32UK

« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 09:15:14 am »
If it sells it sells!

Whilst thats true, and people will buy a car because its an audi and its white and they have a 40k budget.... doesnt mean everyone will. The numbers are clearly stacked in BMWs favour here and brand loyalty only goes so far. To say that audi are pushing brand loyalty to the limit is an understatement.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 02:16:56 pm »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »
If that's the standard exhaust it sounds fantastic.  :drool:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 03:01:24 pm »
That M135i is brilliant, especially for the price, but its a shame its uberbid.

Although still could be my next car as I will have at least 3 years to get used to her :grin:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 03:01:40 pm »
If that's the standard exhaust it sounds fantastic.  :drool:

+1
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 03:16:36 pm »
If it sells it sells!

Whilst thats true, and people will buy a car because its an audi and its white and they have a 40k budget.... doesnt mean everyone will. The numbers are clearly stacked in BMWs favour here and brand loyalty only goes so far. To say that audi are pushing brand loyalty to the limit is an understatement.

The people who have bought one are happy. This really isn't as big a deal as some are making it out to be. Rs cars are always pricey, and they always understeer. Business as usual.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2012, 03:24:15 pm »
If it sells it sells!

The people who have bought one are happy. This really isn't as big a deal as some are making it out to be. Rs cars are always pricey, and they always understeer. Business as usual.

Yes but shouldn't Audi do something about that :confused:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:44 pm »
i dont think the audi is overpriced, its an rs model, the bmw is not a proper m car, the 1m was 40k, the bmw is a fantastic car and it seems a better drivers car, but thats what bmw do, great drivers cars, vag cars as a whole are never thrill of your pants stuff, the reason why you would buy a meg over a golf, same rule applies to these 2, i bet the audi is a better daily to take kids to school and all that. i would never buy an rs3, i like performance cars to do corners, but lots dont buy a car for that. although im sure like all vag cars once modded its awesome. :happy2:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 05:28:49 pm »
I think I’d still have the RS3 (if it was 2 door), as a daily drive not sure it would be pushed that far on A/B roads for the under steer to be an issue, admittedly doesn’t look great on track, but I have a track car.  :happy2:

Shame they seem to bring the RS out so late in the cycle, almost out of date already, I’ll be looking at a new S3 when the 335i is 3 yrs old.

Just couldn’t get over the looks of the 1 series, there’s always a chance you’re going to be in traffic an catch a glimpse of yourself in the reflection of a shop window. Do BMW have a bucket on the options list?  :grin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 07:12:42 pm »
If it sells it sells!

Yes but shouldn't Audi do something about that :confused:

Audi have made it quite clear that they do it on purpose as that's what most of their customers want.If its not for you don't buy an audi

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »
Audi probably don't expect most of their customers to know what understeer is let alone find it.  :laugh:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2ssl0n4t5hh9vh60f9k6nm805p&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »
Pick the colour of your new Audi..........

:innocent: