Make a donation

Author Topic: CH on Cars (M135i vs RS3)  (Read 20249 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: CH on Cars (M135i vs RS3)
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2012, 09:19:12 pm »
what was the total cost of that spec?

32700ish -10%  :happy2:

It would, without question, be blue for me. Then black.

Yes, I've had a couple of white and black cars recently. Fancy a change, so maybe blue.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:22:03 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:56 am »
8:05 B-T-G in the cold and rain..... feck me, this thing is good!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:39:05 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qe6cmekkrfh0daev22cv5ivb5k&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2012, 12:37:09 am »
8:05 B-T-G in the cold and rain..... feck me, this thing is good!

Ok ok ok ...... Don't keep rubbing it in!!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2012, 12:40:25 am »
Well, there's no argument for its looks - it has to do something well  :grin:
Sideways yo!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qe6cmekkrfh0daev22cv5ivb5k&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2012, 12:51:06 am »
Fair play! It doesn't look as good as the previous gen. But I suppose it face that only a mother loves. PX at oulton?

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2012, 04:43:48 pm »
How'd you find the m135i Ben and hows it compare to the one you've got now? Theres a n55 dct near me going for £23k but around 2 years old and £40k miles, ill be able to get the price down, but im thinking with the pricing of the m135i been so good if its worth it, i may aswell pay more and get a brand spanker with the spec i want.

How long is the 8-10% discount gonna last on these as id prefer to put a bigger deposit down after christmas?

Also does it still have a dct or has it got the step-auto?

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2012, 06:50:10 pm »
I'll help.

I got 10% discount, 5 years free servicing and 4.9% APR - meaning it's cheaper to buy a new car than a used. You can't borrow money for double that these days.

'Box is a new version of the ZF8-speed auto with various modes, and by all accounts is fantastic and really suits the torquey motor. Not like a traditional slushbox at all. I've only driven a 5 series with it, but was very impressed. I've gone manual though.

Drive one. If you can get around the odd looks, it's really a fantastic car.

I believe the 4.9% is running until Spring, and I don't see why you can't get 10% - you just have to catch the right dealer on the right day. I'll happily put you in touch with the guy who sold me mine, he's been excellent.
Sideways yo!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »
I'll help.

I got 10% discount, 5 years free servicing and 4.9% APR - meaning it's cheaper to buy a new car than a used. You can't borrow money for double that these days.

'Box is a new version of the ZF8-speed auto with various modes, and by all accounts is fantastic and really suits the torquey motor. Not like a traditional slushbox at all. I've only driven a 5 series with it, but was very impressed. I've gone manual though.

I believe the 4.9% is running until Spring, and I don't see why you can't get 10% - you just have to catch the right dealer on the right day. I'll happily put you in touch with the guy who sold me mine, he's been excellent.

Cheers for that Mike and i know who your dealer is ive just read your thread on babybmw elms bedford. Based in west yorkshire though so a long way from me :sad1:

Off to stratstones leeds tomorrow see how i get on with discount and ill give you a shout if a trip to bedford is in order :happy2:

Offline Leonard

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26:19 pm »
Mike if you don't mind me asking what future value did they give you on the car or did you just do a full lease purchase at 4.9%? PM me if you like.
Thanks
Matt

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2012, 07:32:12 pm »
Rob, I'm up in Cheshire, I did the deal over the phone/email. Small deposit to get the order in and I'll settle the rest when I pick it up - any excuse for a road trip!!

Matt PCP GFV £16,800ish after 3 years,
Sideways yo!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »
Is the GFV the guaranteed future value and is that the balloon payment at the end of the finance to lower the monthly payments? Again pm if you want :happy2:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »
No, I don't mind discussing on here.

Yes, that's the guaranteed future value, this is set by BMW and cannot be altered. So this is the deferred amount that you play stick or twist with at the end of the 3 years. Considering the car is costing me less than £30k after discount, I've done quite well!

This is quite handy for calculating costs.

http://www.pcpcal.co.uk/
Sideways yo!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2012, 09:00:00 pm »
Cheers for your help Mike :happy2:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2012, 09:35:06 pm »
I love the look of this car , its different like the last one series, good choice  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
I'll help.

Ditto to what Mike has already said Rob.. The new 8 speed box is an absolute peach to be honest and in the short drive I have had of one (24hr test drive to come next week) I was hard pushed to notice the difference with DCT  :surprised: Something I never thought I would say/admit as I was initially cursing BMW for dropping the DCT from non M cars  :fighting: How wrong I was..  :ashamed:
I'm sure when I have had a longer drive in one, I am bound to notice some differences and I'm sure the DCT will be 0.0000001 of a flea's testicle when against the stopwatch. But for 99.9% of the time, I would be more than happy to go with this new box.
Oh and I can also vouch for the new models performance too. Whilst my mate had one on a 24hr test drive, we thought it would be rude not to put it against it's predecessor (stock Auto vs mapped DCT). Put it this way - I'm glad mine is mapped..  :signLOL:
Although it's looking like there won't be a huge amount of gains from a map on the M135i (being that it shares the same lump as mine but with a software tweak from the factory), in Auto trim and a trip to DMS, these things will run mid 12's all day long and that's without taking the child seat out the back and returning near 40mpg on the way home..

Just need to get past it's looks now..  :sad1: I'm getting there though..  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:59:48 pm by Sunglasses Ron »