Make a donation

Author Topic: Do you trust your missus with the GTI?  (Read 7593 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Do you trust your missus with the GTI?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 09:29:21 am »

I'm trying to keep the miles down also now that its hit 80k.

....I was exactly the same when mine hit 80k miles. But then enjoying the car and covering mileage was inevitable and as soon as she hit 100k miles I relaxed. If she (the car) is well maintained you shouldn't have a worry about the mileage.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:54 am »
She's got her own so why does she need to drive mine, although since fitting the new wheels she has been avoiding driving my car.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline JamesG

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 12:15:51 am »
My other half has drove most of the cars i have owned since she passed her test. She drives the Pirelli more than me,every day infact. She's getting track driving lessons for her christmas this year as she has a extremely heavy right foot. The only car i refused to let her drive is my Edition One.
Pirelli Edition:- APR stage 2+ map,Revo/BSH intake,Autotech hpfp internals,3" downpipe & de-cat,Sachs uprated clutch with smf conversion,H&R springs,race spec superpro polly bushes. 348bhp 360lbft.

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »
The wife drives the R32 more than I do because "its smaller than he mkiv estate".   :confused:  :driver:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 03:47:26 pm »
Man, you fellas need to get petrolhead girlfriends!  :P I don't like my boyfriend driving my car, but that's just because I always want to drive it, and we mainly go everywhere in his company car to save the miles on mine... If ever my boyfriend or my brother drive my car (brother only to move it off the drive before cleaning his car) they are hilariously careful with it, as they know what would happen if the slightest kerbing of a wheel occurred  :mad:  :grin: Though the boyf is a petrolhead too so I'm happy most of the time... apart from when he's in a 'get the back out on EVERY roundabout' mood in the Beema and I'm being chucked all over the place  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 03:53:24 pm »

Man, you fellas need to get petrolhead girlfriends!

....Easier said than done! Petrolhead girlies (who are available!) are a rare breed, especially at my age. Every petrolhead guy would love a petrolhead girlie  :love:

^ Who cares what car she drives... I want one of these petrolhead girlies!  :drool:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:06:18 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:32 pm »
i let my other half drive the car today!  she curbed the alloy!     last time she took it out she put a dent in the door.

She is strictly banned now  :mad:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »
She's on the policy so gets to drive it now and again. Being an ex ED30 and Roc R owner think she can handle my R alright  :smiley:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 02:21:27 pm »
Well after 5 days of the missus using my car, it has a mark where she has opened the door onto the white plastic electricity box next my house, a few more stone chips and part of the interior has dropped out under the dashboard.  I might rent her a car for the next 3 weeks, anyone know who's cheapest??

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 02:41:16 pm »
The Bird is asking to be insured on mine and totally been avoiding it but now im renewal is up its every day... if it brings it down then fine but I dont know if I can trust her with it haha

She is a good driver, gets it from her dad, BUT she cant concentrate the whole time and if she loses concentration while trying to park it and kerbs an alloy one would not be too happy to say the least!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:08 pm »
I let my boyfriend drive my Edition 30.  It ended up in him selling his Passat estate and buying an A4 with go faster goodies because he wanted something faster after driving mine.  I'm insured on his T4 camper and drove it 800 miles round France recently.  I even drove it first on arrival in Calais to show him how it's done on the other side of the road. :smiley:  He's got no problems with me driving his vehicles because he knows I'll take care of them and can actually drive properly at a standard better than most women :driver:

FOR SALE!

Offline Jme

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 07:31:31 pm »
All I can say is, oops did I buy a manual sorry hunnie forgot you only have a auto licence.  :grin:
Mk5 GTI manual 3Door.
Mods to date. De-badged, led/smd inside and out.
Mods to do.    Led/smd puddle lights, satnav, Bluetooth,
                     Induction kit, exhaust, hid/led fog drls, +++

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:57 pm »
I don't have to worry about my mrs - she doesn't drive! I have to worry about my sister. Lent her my car once - phaeton rims are new - warned her not to try driving into spaces or reverse park my car. Just go for spaces you can drive straight into - like a supermarket etc. car came back after 50 minutes with a shattered alloy - her reply was "it's only a car!" - I was so tempted to push her daughter over and say "it's only your child!" (But I didn't) I sent my parents her bill! They made her source another rim!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2012, 08:29:37 pm »
I don't have to worry about my mrs - she doesn't drive! I have to worry about my sister. Lent her my car once - phaeton rims are new - warned her not to try driving into spaces or reverse park my car. Just go for spaces you can drive straight into - like a supermarket etc. car came back after 50 minutes with a shattered alloy - her reply was "it's only a car!" - I was so tempted to push her daughter over and say "it's only your child!" (But I didn't) I sent my parents her bill! They made her source another rim!

WIN right there!!!  :signLOL:

I would have done.....

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »
In a word no and yes  :grin: Yes i absolutely trust her with driving it generally however when i'm in the car with her and we are parking i'm constantly banging on about avoiding doing anything that will get the wheels within kissing distance of a kerbing  :scared: