Make a donation

Author Topic: dog smell in the Golf.  (Read 4043 times)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
dog smell in the Golf.
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »
We all love dogs but not the odour that lingers in the car,as title I have a labrador that loves the water and the outdoor but theres a doggy smell in the car that I wish to eradicate.

Whats the best way to remove the smell form my golf interior (leather) and carpets? :happy2:

Cheers.
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: dog smell in the Golf.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
oh dear :sad1:

20x cans of lynx
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:17:23 pm »
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »
Autosmart biobrisk

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:44 pm »

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »
Try steam cleaning the interior.  That eliminates nasty odours and kills bacteria too.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »
Try steam cleaning the interior.  That eliminates nasty odours and kills bacteria too.

will give it a go when the weather improves a bit :happy2:

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:36:03 pm »
No idea how to shift the smell, other than to hire a powerful wet vac to clean the boot.

Once you've got it clean, you'll probably find one of these useful:

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/page.php?xPage=bootliner&jssCart=d95e1da44b1c053cf5a94d503013b72f

I've got two dogs, both have an affinity to filth, so the boot liner is an essential.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »
No idea how to shift the smell, other than to hire a powerful wet vac to clean the boot.

Once you've got it clean, you'll probably find one of these useful:

http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/page.php?xPage=bootliner&jssCart=d95e1da44b1c053cf5a94d503013b72f

I've got two dogs, both have an affinity to filth, so the boot liner is an essential.

Good ideas but my dog thinks he is human and only sits in the rear seats looking between the two fronts hence I've had a thick waterproof cover when I had it from new,but the car still got his (mind the pun my dog is called BO) body odour! :signLOL:

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1gve68gpd458aed49kt6cckv0j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »
Well. I have a friend who smokes in his car. And when you get in it it just smells of the neutrodol thing. :-)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:57 pm »
Well. I have a friend who smokes in his car. And when you get in it it just smells of the neutrodol thing. :-)

:happy2:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 12:17:33 am »
I wonder if you put a cat in the car for a while would it neutralise the dog smell? Like the way you can remove a red wine stain by pouring white wine on it....
'07 Red manual

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 08:07:52 am »
I wonder if you put a cat in the car for a while would it neutralise the dog smell? Like the way you can remove a red wine stain by pouring white wine on it....

I tried that.  It didn't work.  Are you supposed to take the dog out before you put the cat in?  Anyway, how do you get blood out of the carpet?

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.