Make a donation

Author Topic: revo stage 2+  (Read 41679 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: revo stage 2+
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2009, 06:01:13 pm »
Also.. Full APR tuned K04 car, APR map, APR Fuel pump, APR Intercooler, 'approved' intake, APR Turbo back exhaust etc etc etc made 44bhp and 48ft/lbs torque less than my car on the same rollers, same day (about 10mins apart) compared to my Revo and Forge tuned car..

Wander how they would explain that one..  :wink:

Whose car is that you're referring to? Is it a Seat Leon Cupra by any chance??
Sounds like Marks..  :wink:
Jonny, what did yours get when on the rollers in the end?

jonnyc - 351bhp
ZBOYD - 307.3bhp

When and where was this mate?

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2009, 06:07:42 pm »

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2009, 06:34:53 pm »
351bhp on a DD roller is damn impressive! it might have read 400bhp on the SC rollers in that case!

Surprised Mark's Leon was that low. I'm sure he's had over 350bhp on Awesome's own rollers before.   

Thats what I thought..

Mine made 351hp and 380ft/lbs on the DD rollers, it would have been over 400hp and 400+ft/lbs for sure..

Only RR day I have been on with mine up to now anyways so nothing to compare to..

All I know is that the rollers seemed to be about 10-15% down on what everyone was expecting / has seen previously..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2009, 06:44:31 pm »
I was speaking to Cohiba recently and he mentioned that his motor made 350 BHP on the same RR day  :surprised: I think his car is running GIAC software. Really impressive figures for DD rollers. Like you say Jonny 400+ on other rollers. Your cars must be stupid fast  :evilgrin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2009, 07:21:59 pm »
Cohiba is running apr parts  :happy2: Think he had all his work done at awesome

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:46 pm »
Cohiba is running apr parts  :happy2: Think he had all his work done at awesome

most of his work  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2009, 07:33:15 pm »
engine mods :signLOL:, vwr sorted the handling :driver:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2009, 09:48:55 am »
I spoke to him at Awesome a week ago and 100% he said he was running GIAC, all his hardware mods are APR but he switched maps  :scared:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2009, 09:57:06 am »
Jonnys bhp figures sound about right. Superchips daydream believe machine would show you 400 ponnies easy, but why would you want inaccurate figures??. DD's are one of the most accurate.

imo of course :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:00:16 am by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2009, 10:37:39 am »
Okay,

For a rough calculation, my car ran 325bhp on the same day Zboyd (Mark) made 333bhp, so by the same calculation mine would have achieved 297bhp on the DD rollers - as the cars stood at the time! Mark hasn't had any extra mods since last time he ran, but I have had the EVOM's intake and the DSG remap.

EVOM's has shown that it gives an improvement of around 6 to 7bhp over the Carbonio/filter (which I had last time)
The DSG map shows a 13-15 bhp increase for sure as my peak power before came in lower than the 6542rpm max I can get now.

Roughly that would show an overall increase of between 19 and 22bhp over the 297 I would have previously had. So, on the DD rollers I would have most likely made around 316 to 319bhp, which again would concur with what we have already thought about the Superchips RR overreading and also the DD underreading.!

Ouch, all those calculations made my head hurt :signLOL:

Could be time to go REVO!!!

Do you guys agree with the calcs?

Golf R gone.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2009, 10:44:49 am »
agree with you calculations john, but just not the under-reading statement though.

If a standard car shows a stock figure on that particular RR, then a modified version goes on, how can it be called Under-reading??. That doesnt make sense.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2009, 10:55:55 am »
agree with you calculations john, but just not the under-reading statement though.

If a standard car shows a stock figure on that particular RR, then a modified version goes on, how can it be called Under-reading??. That doesnt make sense.

Agreed,

But everything is comparative, as who is to say whether the DD rollers are spot on or some other rollers are spot on?
Cars make stock outputs on DD rollers even when using 99ron fuel, wheras 95 ron fuel is what the standard GTI's give figures from. Ergo it is likely that the DD rollers could underread to some degree.
Golf R gone.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2009, 11:03:01 am »
I agree with that Hurdy, I personally think that they underread a little  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:24 am »
Stock cars are not really a great benchmark to work from as they vary massively..

That has been proved on RR days before, stock cars making massively different torque and power figures..

I think the DD rollers under read too.. Just based on my car having 350bhp and what it can do etc and how it feels.. I know I have weight out of it but its hardly a light car and up to now nothing this side of a 997 GT2 has pulled on it, and even that wasn't a piss take.. Not bad for 350hp lol..

Shame I couldnt make it to the Superchips day, would have been a really good comparison to the DD rollers day..

Either way, generally speaking like for like mods, Revo makes the most power and torque..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2009, 11:22:22 am »
Stock cars are not really a great benchmark to work from as they vary massively..

That has been proved on RR days before, stock cars making massively different torque and power figures..

I think the DD rollers under read too.. Just based on my car having 350bhp and what it can do etc and how it feels.. I know I have weight out of it but its hardly a light car and up to now nothing this side of a 997 GT2 has pulled on it, and even that wasn't a piss take.. Not bad for 350hp lol..

Shame I couldnt make it to the Superchips day, would have been a really good comparison to the DD rollers day..

Either way, generally speaking like for like mods, Revo makes the most power and torque..

Bugger!!

I knew you were going to say that.......where's my wallet :sad1:
Golf R gone.