Make a donation

Author Topic: revo stage 2+  (Read 41675 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: revo stage 2+
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2009, 11:36:50 am »
Stock cars are not really a great benchmark to work from as they vary massively..

That has been proved on RR days before, stock cars making massively different torque and power figures..

I think the DD rollers under read too.. Just based on my car having 350bhp and what it can do etc and how it feels.. I know I have weight out of it but its hardly a light car and up to now nothing this side of a 997 GT2 has pulled on it, and even that wasn't a piss take.. Not bad for 350hp lol..

Shame I couldnt make it to the Superchips day, would have been a really good comparison to the DD rollers day..

Either way, generally speaking like for like mods, Revo makes the most power and torque..

Bugger!!

I knew you were going to say that.......where's my wallet :sad1:

Get it done at GTI International..

Do a run with CC software, then see how much faster you go with Revo!  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2009, 11:47:22 am »
Stock cars are not really a great benchmark to work from as they vary massively..

That has been proved on RR days before, stock cars making massively different torque and power figures..

I think the DD rollers under read too.. Just based on my car having 350bhp and what it can do etc and how it feels.. I know I have weight out of it but its hardly a light car and up to now nothing this side of a 997 GT2 has pulled on it, and even that wasn't a piss take.. Not bad for 350hp lol..

Shame I couldnt make it to the Superchips day, would have been a really good comparison to the DD rollers day..

Either way, generally speaking like for like mods, Revo makes the most power and torque..

Bugger!!

That is a top idea :happy2: :jumping:

Direct comparison FTW :happy2:

I wonder what JBS would say if they spotted me chopping from their map to REVO's  :grin:

How much is it again for the stage 2+ and the handheld?
Golf R gone.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2009, 11:50:58 am »

Yep, completely agree with you. I did a lot of research before getting my map, and I found exactly the same. Revo tended to be a good 3-5% higher on average than others  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2009, 11:58:38 am »

Bugger!!

I wonder what JBS would say if they spotted me chopping from their map to REVO's  :grin:

Cant imagine you would be particularly popular lol.. Best speaking to Carl at Revo mate, can't remember how much it is to be honest..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »
Do it hurdy the last 800 miles and a few laps of the ring have confirmed to me the revo stage 2+ was a very good choice :evilgrin:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:22 pm »
REVO were doing deals at last years Inters, mainly because the Custom Code boys were, I think, but it was mighty cheap.

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2009, 12:48:27 pm »
Some good stuff going on here guys. got the full milltek fitted at the weekend and the car is feeling as flat as a midgies tit so cant wait till the stg2 gets dropped on. was talking to jim at star performnce and he was talking about the HPFP. he has been fitting the uprated internals which seem to be a good bit cheaper than the new pumps. is there any advantage to getting the new pump over an internal swap?
Ended up going with the non res milltek and am glad i did as its fine on the motorway at cruise and really only starts shouting when you full on the loud pedal.
I hope to get the new software on the car this week everyhting going to plan.

Iain
2006 MKV GTI, DSG, Stg2 Revo map, VWR front splitter, KWv3's, Eibach rollbars, Walk kit, Carbonio induction kit, Full Milltek exhaust system, Forge FMIC

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2009, 01:09:55 pm »

Do remember that the new software will need an adaption period to show you its full potential...   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:53 pm »
@jonnyc : have you got a dyno plot from the DD run you can share ? be good to see the shape  :happy2:
                 did you run with the Toyos on that day?
                 out of interest do you have a before (i.e. std) dyno plot way back in the day.

@ SteveP : which HPFP you running then ?

in general I would agree DD rollers are pessimistic (in comparison to all other rollers) but very reproducible.
(I would however say Im not entirely convinced about DSG vs Manual readings on any RRoads)

Given that most mapping companies will quite happily flash your software back on , then some comparitive tests dont sound too bad an idea ... (the only downside I see is having to flash to stock each time and the flash counter being incremented as you go between diff vendor maps (SC aside I believe))

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline revo carl

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2009, 02:43:40 pm »
REVO were doing deals at last years Inters, mainly because the Custom Code boys were, I think, but it was mighty cheap.

nope..... it's just because we're nice..... ;-) hence we do deals at most shows.

@Hurdy- it'd be worth taking Jonny's advice and coming over and seeing us :)

@Steve- Glad to hear you're happy mate!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2009, 02:49:28 pm »

nope..... it's just because we're nice..... ;-) hence we do deals at most shows.

@Hurdy- it'd be worth taking Jonny's advice and coming over and seeing us :)

@Steve- Glad to hear you're happy mate!

so how much would it be for you to put the revo sofwere on my ko3 gti, i have everything except hpfp to go stage 2 +. il be at inters next weeken.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2009, 02:49:46 pm »

Sorry Carl. It goes without saying that you're nice. :wink:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2009, 02:52:27 pm »
i am going to try and get the pump done this week so i can come see u guys on sunday for my upgrade to 2+ unless u have some pumps instock  :smiley:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline revo carl

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:04 pm »
so how much would it be for you to put the revo sofwere on my ko3 gti, i have everything except hpfp to go stage 2 +. il be at inters next weeken.  :smiley:
can't say i'm afraid mate, but it'll be worth visiting the stand  :smiley:

Sorry Carl. It goes without saying that you're nice. :wink:
Merci  :wink:

i am going to try and get the pump done this week so i can come see u guys on sunday for my upgrade to 2+ unless u have some pumps instock  :smiley:
no pumps here i'm afraid, but it'll be nice to see you again  :smiley:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2009, 02:58:46 pm »
 :happy2: just trying to sort the intake and pump before inters  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box