Make a donation

Author Topic: revo stage 2+  (Read 41670 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: revo stage 2+
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »
Stock cars are not really a great benchmark to work from as they vary massively..

That has been proved on RR days before, stock cars making massively different torque and power figures..

I think the DD rollers under read too.. Just based on my car having 350bhp and what it can do etc and how it feels.. I know I have weight out of it but its hardly a light car and up to now nothing this side of a 997 GT2 has pulled on it, and even that wasn't a piss take.. Not bad for 350hp lol..

Shame I couldnt make it to the Superchips day, would have been a really good comparison to the DD rollers day..

Either way, generally speaking like for like mods, Revo makes the most power and torque..

Exactly mate.. Have said for ages that the JKM results (DD rollers) don't really make a great deal of sense regarding the performance a tuned ED30..  :confused: Totally agree on the point of going on DD rollers as I would rather have a realistic power reading than a wet finger in the air. But I seem to remember a RR day at Weston Performance on DD rollers which resulted in a lot better figures than JKM, but on same rollers..  :confused:
Always wanted to put mine on JKM's rollers just to see what it would read, but never got the chance unfortunately  :sad:. But can't help thinking though going off other tuned Ed30's that it would be sub 300bhp, which in regards to it's performance on the road makes no sense at all???

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2009, 03:28:13 pm »
Do it hurdy the last 800 miles and a few laps of the ring have confirmed to me the revo stage 2+ was a very good choice :evilgrin:

Happy with it then I see mate?  :laugh: Did you go for a uprated intake on it, if so which one?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2009, 05:48:09 pm »
@ SteveP : which HPFP you running then ?

I have the KDM HPFP, I sourced it myself and had the TT Shop fit it for me along with the Stage 2+ software flash. I was originally just going to get the autotech one but the prices had risen (due to shortages of the supply of these) so after some reading up choose the KMD as it was quite a bit cheaper.

Another write-up to follow  :smiley:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2009, 05:51:00 pm »
@ SteveP : which HPFP you running then ?

I have the KDM HPFP, I sourced it myself and had the TT Shop fit it for me along with the Stage 2+ software flash. I was originally just going to get the autotech one but the prices had risen (due to shortages of the supply of these) so after some reading up choose the KMD as it was quite a bit cheaper.

Another write-up to follow  :smiley:

Look forward to the write up Steve!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58:22 pm »
Do it hurdy the last 800 miles and a few laps of the ring have confirmed to me the revo stage 2+ was a very good choice :evilgrin:

Happy with it then I see mate?  :laugh: Did you go for a uprated intake on it, if so which one?

None yet but one will follow very shortly  :evilgrin:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
Steve, you're slowly turning your car into quite a weapon aren't you!!!  :rolleye:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 06:24:25 pm »
Steve, you're slowly turning your car into quite a weapon aren't you!!!  :rolleye:

What me  :innocent:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2009, 06:26:52 pm »

What me  :innocent:

m40 commuters  :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2009, 08:32:19 pm »

Like SteveP, I've also just done a few laps of The 'Ring with Revo2 on K03 GTI and found it delivered the power whenever and wherever I wanted it. Not as fast as the Ed30 remapped cars but still very impressive. The 'Ring is very demanding and an excellent test circuit imo.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2009, 08:49:59 pm »
^^^ With what your have just put into yours you will love the Golf around the ring, I was really surprised how well they perform  :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2009, 09:02:23 pm »
^^^^
As Steve says, the GTI is very well powered and balanced for The 'Ring. It started raining while I was out on a lap and I saw the Porsche behind me do a 360º spin and later a bike just run out of track going past me - No-one hurt or any damage in either case. Slowed down in the wet but I was very surprised indeed how well planted she stayed. No brake fade whatsoever at any time (AP Racing brakes).

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2009, 09:45:46 pm »

The ring is'nt especially heavy on brakes IMO,nice flowing corners. Big brakes are an advantage as well tho,(when trying to reduce your lap times)

....Try telling that to a guy called Gary who was with us and went round in his diesel Passat - His brakes were pouring out smoke!!

But yes, I agree, The Ring not necessarily heavy on brakes but the point is that having such braking power is extremely reassuring. I was just going around as quickly as I could within my comfortable limits as a Ring newbe. In future I will be carefully exploring later/heavier braking as I am very much a 'slow-in and fast-out' kind of driver. But there are plenty places where heavy braking could very adversely unsettle the car. This is my kind of track - I'm utterly bored by the typical flat and featureless airfield type of track.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2009, 12:48:04 am »
The ring claims another lol it's such an amazing place

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2009, 08:51:21 pm »
Oh my god  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :grin: :grin: :grin: . Stage 2 now on car and im amazed at how it feels. pulls the whole way through the revs. Im lost for words. Roads i thought were great to drive up here have now got even better.
Im looking at buying a new fuel pump and HPFP plunger etc rather than going straight for the likes of the main players. Also still undecided on what front mount to go for but what i have decided on is the tarox 6 pot front brakes because by god i need them now.

Iain

P.S. pics up soon
2006 MKV GTI, DSG, Stg2 Revo map, VWR front splitter, KWv3's, Eibach rollbars, Walk kit, Carbonio induction kit, Full Milltek exhaust system, Forge FMIC

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »
^^^ Good to hear your pleased, just you wait until you get Stage 2+ with the pump  :evilgrin:

I will let you know how the new THS Intercooler works next week as mines being fitted ready for Inters on Sunday  :party: :party: