Make a donation

Author Topic: revo stage 2+  (Read 41673 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: revo stage 2+
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:52 pm »
Oh my god  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :grin: :grin: :grin: . Stage 2 now on car and im amazed at how it feels. pulls the whole way through the revs. Im lost for words. Roads i thought were great to drive up here have now got even better.
Im looking at buying a new fuel pump and HPFP plunger etc rather than going straight for the likes of the main players. Also still undecided on what front mount to go for but what i have decided on is the tarox 6 pot front brakes because by god i need them now.

Iain

P.S. pics up soon

Told ya  :grin:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2009, 09:26:50 pm »
^^^ Good to hear your pleased, just you wait until you get Stage 2+ with the pump  :evilgrin:

I will let you know how the new THS Intercooler works next week as mines being fitted ready for Inters on Sunday  :party: :party:

Stage 2+ and pump is a whole new level..  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2009, 09:46:13 pm »
^^^ Oh yes, some scientific testing on the way to Germany with Greenouse in his Stage 2 ED30 proved that to me more than anything  :driver:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:48 am »
You guys are like pole dancing drug dealing tarts!  Soo tempting, all this teasing talk of upgrades and promises of hot performance!

Holiday first though, then I'll see what comes first, suspension mods, brakes or revo hmmm. Only  when I had my revo trial I realised how mine the stock brakes were.   

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2009, 12:37:21 pm »
Cheers stevie. would be good if you could let us no how your IC is on the car.

Guys was wondering if it would be a good idea to post up our exact specs of our cars fitted with revo and what software version we have.
something along the lines

REVO stg 2, full milltek exhaust, carbonio induction, revo settings b=7, t=6 (i think), f=9

this might make it easier for others to setup there car and also good to see what everyone is running and how the power figures differ.

I no there is a revo zone but the thread there goes on and on and on and is a pain to find exacy info without going over it all.

cheers

Iain
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 12:39:00 pm by iainalpine »
2006 MKV GTI, DSG, Stg2 Revo map, VWR front splitter, KWv3's, Eibach rollbars, Walk kit, Carbonio induction kit, Full Milltek exhaust system, Forge FMIC

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 12:39:01 pm »
We have a new Revo section in the performance area so I will start a thread there will a template for people to follow  :happy2:

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2009, 12:52:36 pm »
That would be great Stevie, as there seems to be more and more thing relating to Revo. Also there is a lot of guys using it that have valuable experience and info on it so a better structure to revo threads would help greatly.

cheers

Iain
2006 MKV GTI, DSG, Stg2 Revo map, VWR front splitter, KWv3's, Eibach rollbars, Walk kit, Carbonio induction kit, Full Milltek exhaust system, Forge FMIC

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:06 pm »

Guys was wondering if it would be a good idea to post up our exact specs of our cars fitted with revo and what software version we have.
something along the lines

REVO stg 2, full milltek exhaust, carbonio induction, revo settings b=7, t=6 (i think), f=9

this might make it easier for others to setup there car and also good to see what everyone is running and how the power figures differ.

I no there is a revo zone but the thread there goes on and on and on and is a pain to find exacy info without going over it all.

cheers

Iain

....Helpful to some, but my understanding is that every car is different and so there is no fixed rule.

I, for one, do not want the responsibility of sharing setting info which consequently someone else thinks is the best setting for their car just because we have very similar or even the same mods.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:50:00 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2009, 03:15:18 pm »
How does stage 2+ feel compared to a generic stage 1 on an ed30? Is it massively faster ie difference again between standard and stage 1 or due you just get a bit more all round? I thought my car was fast enough but the more i read these threads the more i want to go further...
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2009, 04:10:24 pm »
How does stage 2+ feel compared to a generic stage 1 on an ed30? Is it massively faster ie difference again between standard and stage 1 or due you just get a bit more all round? I thought my car was fast enough but the more i read these threads the more i want to go further...

No where near as much as that.. I would probably say another 50% again.. Thats if your comparing a completely mechanically stock ED30 with stage 1 to a fully bolt on modded stage 2+ car..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2009, 05:23:49 pm »
I'm stopping coming on this forum lol.

I'm thinking about getting the bits and having bf stage 3 there cant be that much difference can there? Ive already got bf so it will save me a fair bit rather than switching to revo

Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
Robin i see what your saying and agree that every car is different. But if your saying its not a good idea to post info on the boost timing fuel etc we already are!
Each to there own when it comes to there car and no responsibility is taken.
I always thought the idea of a forum was to have people share info and there thoughts on what worked best for them.

I see you were at inters Robin, and yet again i missed it  :sad:. And the famous words "I will be there next year!"
Hope there is going to be a good turn out and E38

Iain

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2009, 02:46:06 pm »
Ok, the weeks have past and im looking at the HPFP. Have been seeing lots of info on the pump internals etc but im still not really sure what to go for. Is there any truth in what has been posted about the metal used in the (i think) KMD internals being a little soft?
Iain

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2009, 03:59:53 pm »
JBS have the Autotech internal in stock for not much more than the KMD. I'm getting mine fitted tomorrow.
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:56 pm »
I've had the Autotech internals in mine for over a year with no issues :happy2:
Golf R gone.