Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza II refurb on steel grey GTI  (Read 860 times)

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
Monza II refurb on steel grey GTI
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:20:39 pm »
Has anyone got pics of painted or powder coated Monza II's on a steel grey GTI?  I've contracted the dreaded white worm and am in need of a refurb, just need to decide which colour suits the car and am thinking "bright" silver.  I've seen the threads on smoked chrome but don't think it would suit steel grey.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Re: Monza II refurb on steel grey GTI
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »
I'm looking at a refurb for mine (on a laser blue) after the winter and have been looking at various options, IMO when painted a bright silver I reckon it makes them look a smaller wheel and they dont tend to have as "mean" a stance, I'm probably going with dark grey/anthracite.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline clive_gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »
That's what i'm afraid of. I really like the diamond cut look, it suits the Monza II - but am struggling to find someone who I trust to refurbish them to the original finish.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:09:07 pm »
I'm moving away from the diamond cut/polished face as there's very few places I've spoken to will guarantee that it wont go the same way again, shame because it's by far the best finish.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Starshaped

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:05 pm »
I had some Eos 18" chicago's repaired once which have the same finish,they were in very bad condition and they came out perfect. The work was done by Lepsons.