Make a donation

Author Topic: Euro import - no alarm?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline ConorF

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Euro import - no alarm?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 09:32:31 am »
Lock it, sit your dog in it and call him, hell jump and alarm should sound.  :signLOL:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:09:57 am »

Is there a way to find out where the car came from as I don't have proof where mine came from.  Dealer says it was shipped direct from Germany to UK, vague!

....Mk5 GTI's were built to order in Wolfsburg, Germany and shipped direct to a UK port for registration here, but those cars aren't called "imports". Some of course were shipped to other countries for use there and if then later to the UK, they're called imports.

The ones to avoid in particular are those which had been parked up for months in the desert environments of the Middle East. I remember seeing pics of an engine bay covered in sand!

Those who bought imports need only register them with a UK VW dealer to gain the same benefits but I think the VW warranty was shorter. Oh yes, and I now remember that my genuine Monza 18's came from an import (via Oli who has a car business) and VW UK refused to repair the white worm under warranty giving the import factor as a reason.

This takes me back to remembering that seemingly endless 12 week wait for mine to arrive. She was built week beginning 11th July 2005 to an 06 spec  :love:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:32 pm »
Indicators flash when I lock or unlock using the key fob - not tried from inside the car yet. Will try the locking the car whilst in it and waving my arms round like a nutter technique later (may wait till its dark!).
Cheers again for all the help with this

Flashing lights with the key fob is standard regardless of alarm, mine does that.  If your car does have the button on the pillar by the drivers seat the you must have ana alarm, if so then maybe your alarm or siren is just broken.
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Markydee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »
Will test alarm later.
Rang VW uk - car was built in Wolfsburg. It is a German import - PDI done in REine. 1st registered I uk - no sitting around anywhere - straight from production to uk by a company called euro imports.
I'm confused as surely all VWs are German imports then?!
Anyhow car registered since new with VW uk so all good.
Only issue is I can't get a build number plaque as its a German import - even though it was built in the same factory?
Other than that I'm happy enough

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:02:49 pm »

....I repeat:

....Mk5 GTI's were built to order in Wolfsburg, Germany and shipped direct to a UK port for registration here, but those cars aren't called "imports". Some of course were shipped to other countries for use there and if then later to the UK, they're called imports.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 03:10:57 pm »
They are all imports, but Only cars that are imported by VW UK are not imports.

VW UK would decide on the standard specification and what options are available for that model.

Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline JJ

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:48 pm »
Sheize!  This thread has got me wondering now as I've never heard my alarm sound.

My GTi has got the button at bottom of the B-pillar, red LED on the door but I have no supersonic sensor on the passenger side pillar or whatever.  If I lock myself in the car and wave my arms in the air like I just don't care, I get no siren wailage.  I've thumbed through the paperwork given to me by a previous owner and there's one from the supplying VW dealer dated 6 months after the car was registered entitled "Used Car Preperation" and states "Remove Non Factory Alarm 5051".  

The questions I am now asking myself are did someone fit a non-factory alarm  because it came out of the factory without one?  What does the sounder look like and whereabouts under the bonnet do they bolt it?

EDIT:  I do have the sensors inside - was looking in the wrong place!  :ashamed:  Would still be interested in locating the sounder though.  I've had a quick look under the bonnet but can't see owt that looks like.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:27:10 pm by JJ »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 05:19:12 pm »
it is behind the wheel arch liner on the drivers side, if you open the driver door and look between the gap where the wing is you should see an aluminium box
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 07:14:09 pm »
Rang VW uk - car was built in Wolfsburg. It is a German import - PDI done in REine. 1st registered I uk - no sitting around anywhere - straight from production to uk by a company called euro imports.
Anyhow car registered since new with VW uk so all good.
What number did you ring & who did you need to speak to? Plus what info did they need off you?

I want to check my car out, alledgely it was imported from new to UK but I don't know where PDI was done as its not stamped in the book. 
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Markydee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »
Just rang VW customer services - 0844 3754625. Just gave vin no but all my info in device book re PDI. VW confirmed German import.

Alarm present and working correctly

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 07:28:05 pm »
I've just realised, having annoyed the neighbours!, thatmy car does have an alarm after all, I did the test wrong!!

So here's how to test properly.  Lock you car with the remote.  Wait a few seconds until red light on the door trim flashes.

Unlock the drivers door using your key.  Open the door and leave it open.  The interior lights should come on but the red light will keep flashing!!

Wait 15 seconds, as long as you don't put the key in the ignition the alarm will go off.

Be ready to jump, it's bloody loud when your not expecting it!!

Just to reiterate, my car does NOT have the button on the pillar.  That means my car does have an alarm but doesn't have the 'monitoring system and anti-tow alarm'.

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 07:30:09 pm »
Just rang VW customer services - 0844 3754625. Just gave vin no but all my info in device book re PDI. VW confirmed German import.
Thanks, would like an official word from VW and find out where the PDI took place.