Make a donation

Author Topic: Car suggestions ?  (Read 3817 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Car suggestions ?
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:47 pm »
if you like em go for it but its not much of a toy and its not slower than a gti its about the same but who cares and if its noise your after then and a nice place to be then its a good car 

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »
It's hard because there's very little in it cost wise , low mileage mk4s are marginally cheaper than some of the 06 dsg mk5s, so makes sense to buy the newer I suppose. I have driven a dsg r32 and it was mint. This wrx was 7k, it was quicker than the r32 from memory but not arsed about that to be honest think i would still rather own the r32.

Waiting on a part ex out of interst , I think they'll take the piss though

We've both had the Mk5 R32 hankering for far too long so it's about time one of us did something about it haha!  :happy2:

Frankly I find the whole 'it's slower than a gti / it's not as much fun / it only makes a nice noise' thing boring and irrelevant... As a car it's a damn nice one and a great ownership proposition imo, if you like them and it makes you smile who cares if it's not as fast as blah blah blah...  :indifferent:

My link to Monkey's opinion of Golf Rs doesn't mean you shouldn't buy one, but it still should be considered. With stuff like that you'll get an unbiased and fair evaluation of one car against another. If you take that advice weighing up the good and bad points, and go and buy a car accepting its flaws, then you enjoy it more because you've made an informed decision.

If you go and buy a car with rose tinted glassed and the reviews of a load of biased owners, thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread and refusing to accept it has flaws, you'll be disappointed.

As Beddie says, jump in it knowing it isn't X Y and Z and just enjoy it for what it is.
Sideways yo!

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2012, 08:22:16 pm »
If you want a special weekend car, you can get a good TVR Chimaera for 10K, or what about a Lotus Elise?

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2012, 08:31:43 pm »
I would have the 32 out of all the golfs, might not be as hardcore but a special car IMO, 3.2 in a hatch is what it's all about for car lovers, and with all due respect the gti is not the best handling car out of the box. We all have itches, mine are m3, r32 and ctr, scratch it.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no