Make a donation

Author Topic: had a complaint at work today  (Read 3403 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: had a complaint at work today
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 11:45:55 pm »
had a customer in today with a Bmw m5 that had a puncture on is rear tyre which was a 255-30-19 bridgestone run flat tyre on it..I explained to the customer i can fix the puncture but it will take longer than the normal 20 minutes or so as it is a run flat tyre as they are pigs to get of the rim and more importantly i didn't want to scratch is alloy..Got the job done in 30 minutes and got the customer to look at is alloy to show there was no damage to it-- i thought he was happy with the job but he complaint to my boss saying it took to long :fighting:

so you work in a tyre place  :smiley:  :happy2:  :wink:

need a friend?  :signLOL:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 11:48:55 pm »
had a customer in today with a Bmw m5 that had a puncture on is rear tyre which was a 255-30-19 bridgestone run flat tyre on it..I explained to the customer i can fix the puncture but it will take longer than the normal 20 minutes or so as it is a run flat tyre as they are pigs to get of the rim and more importantly i didn't want to scratch is alloy..Got the job done in 30 minutes and got the customer to look at is alloy to show there was no damage to it-- i thought he was happy with the job but he complaint to my boss saying it took to long :fighting:

so you work in a tyre place  :smiley:  :happy2:  :wink:

need a friend?  :signLOL:

thats me :happy2:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 08:48:01 am »
There is a tyre place here that says its 30 mins to change a tyre if its done properly pity they are closed down now.

I can't see what the guys problem is if you told him that it would take extra time because you didn't want to risk damaging his expensive alloy.

If you said that to me I would be happy and make sure that I came to you for any tyre changes in the future. There are too many cowboys out there that don't give a toss about anyone's wheels or car.

If the guy ever comes back with a puncture I would automatically say that it can't be repaired.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 09:21:32 am »
Just cant win with some people! Bet he would have complained if you didnt take your time and damage his wheel!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 10:34:54 am »
Just imagine if you had damaged the wheel by accident. there is no pleasing some people. I'm off to to get the winter tyres fitted at some point this week, had a dusting of snow on the Essex\Herts border this morning  :scared: , fearing the worst what come-back would dos people have if wheels scuffs occur during fitting? surely it's my word against theirs?
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 10:42:26 am »
Just imagine if you had damaged the wheel by accident. there is no pleasing some people. I'm off to to get the winter tyres fitted at some point this week, had a dusting of snow on the Essex\Herts border this morning  :scared: , fearing the worst what come-back would dos people have if wheels scuffs occur during fitting? surely it's my word against theirs?

I have had a mobile fitter dent one of my alloys before and he denied doing it and told me that I should point out that there are no marks etc on the wheel before any work is started.

Best bet would be to ask for the manager to come and look at your wheels before any work starts and agree with you that there are no marks etc.

I find that an independent tyre fitter will take more pride in their job compared to some of the big fast fit companies

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 12:41:25 pm »
as above--show the tyre fitter your wheels prior to any work been carried out

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:29 pm »

Local ATS dented my sill and denied it  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline Scousus maximus

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »
I had Andy fit four tyres to my EOS last year and he was meticulous about avoiding damage to the rims. I returned a few weeks later to do my wife's Peugeot, same excellent result so I can vouch for Andy's workmanship. Worth the 2 x 90 mile round trips IMO.

Andy, take no notice of tossers mate, they're everywhere. Most are easy to spot though 'cos most BMWs contain one or more!

Regards,

John

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 03:33:36 pm »
Wouldn't worry Andy as you can't please every one. There'll be 200 happy customers compared with this one disgruntlement. If you know you did as good a job as you could've done then I'm sure management will support you in that knowing the standard of your work  :happy2:

I spend a lot of time at my local Kwik Fit where a few of my mates work and having seen a lot of customers pass through, I can imagine the type of bloke that he was  :signLOL:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »
What a knob that guy was! I might have to travel down from Northumberland to get you to fit any tyres I need on my Monza 2s , they are mint at the mo and I would like them to stay that way! Having some savage throw them about in a tyre depot and scratching the hell out of them brings me out in a cold sweat!!
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »
had George redgem on here travel down from hartlepool to do is tyres :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 05:10:16 pm »
Andy, I hope your boss came out in your support and didn't tell you off. He may not have told the 'customer' to eff off (I would have done!) for the sake of professional reputation.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 07:33:49 pm »
Andy, I hope your boss came out in your support and didn't tell you off. He may not have told the 'customer' to eff off (I would have done!) for the sake of professional reputation.
My Boss said don't worry about it as the car went out undamaged :happy2:

Offline redgem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »
Hi Andy,
             Yes and I"ll be travelling down again very shortly.Would"nt go anywhere else excellent service and real care taken with my alloys :happy2: