Make a donation

Author Topic: Monza II whiteworm, time for a change?  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: Monza II whiteworm, time for a change?
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 05:01:50 pm »

I'm really considering the Monza shadow look by getting my inserts black instead of graphite. Torn between this slight mod and keeping the exterior OEM.

....The Monza's are so unique to the GTI that you would easily get away with having black inserts.

The way it would be best done (assuming you don't already know) is to refurb, coat whole wheel black and then diamond-cut the face, finishing with clear lacquer. For extra protection I would recommend going to A1 Wolverhampton (contact Nigel) and having their Aston Martin top grade lacquer.

I did know that's how it's done Robin, ......but only because I read your write-up on them!

It's looking like A1 then, rather than Lepsons! I'm going to aim to get them done when I'm on hols in September, then they can just have the cart for the whole week. I do like the shadows.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.