Make a donation

Author Topic: Another thanks post for Golfman (Scott)  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Another thanks post for Golfman (Scott)
« on: October 30, 2012, 09:18:20 am »
being a magpie i once again found myself teetering on the slippery slope that is getting new toys for the golf..

Having already had the cruise control fitted and other convenience coding done by Scott, there was no doubt in my mind who i was going to when it came to my radio upgrade.

I ordered the RNS510, BT, Shark fin etc though Scott and arranged a date for getting the kit fitted while i was due to spend some time up the road while on office duties!

The day arrived, and while i wasnt able to make Scotts house during the hours of daylight (well i did, but it was just getting dark as i parked up) Scott decided that we would just crack on.

He set about removing he trim required with such expertise he made it look easy! all the while reassuring me that the sounds of trim removal were normal! lol ( i was just standing thinking, "i'm glad your doing it, as i'm not sure i'd have been as gentle!")

Even though the C pillar trim didnt want to play ball, we eventually got the OEM Ariel off and fitted the new shark fin in its place! got the extension cable run down to the front of the car and then started piecing the rear trim back together..

Now.. by this point, even the polar bears in the street were donning their thermals as the sky had decided to clear and the moon n stars were on full show...

Scott then fitted the BT mic to the roof cluster and set about removing the trim panels on the dash.
He made the wiring installation of the RNS and BT looms look super simple!

Once the BT module was fitted along with the RNS, he set about the coding tweeking the colours and setting the unit up just as he would have his own!

Once the trim was all refitted it looked fantastic!! as if it came from VW like that!

He took me though all the toys of the unit and demonstrated how everything worked and the cool wee features..

From start to finish, it was around 3 hours, and while it may seem like a lot of money for the kit, for the OEM build quality you cannot fault it!!

I'm over the moon i took the step to have this fitted by Scott, and i WILL be back to him to get other stuff fitted, such as the reversing camera and door lights! lol

Cheers buddy!!!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: Another thanks post for Golfman (Scott)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:42:35 am »
Top lad Scott  :notworthy:

Over the top mod list ;o)