Make a donation

Author Topic: How Safe Are Britain's Roads?....  (Read 1504 times)

DSG-GTI

Re: How Safe Are Britain's Roads?....
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 05:42:28 pm »
I think our roads would be a lot safer if people paid more attention to actually driving  rather than looking at a phone !!!!   txting, facebook, twitter, etc.. I do a lot of driving and being that bit higher in a van the amount of people i see with a phone on there lap is scary... even on motorways at 90 mph looking down for 3 or 4 seconds at a time, phones should be banned in cars in my opinion.  :scared: Rant over  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »

I think our roads would be a lot safer if people paid more attention to actually driving  rather than looking at a phone !!!!   txting, facebook, twitter, etc.. I do a lot of driving and being that bit higher in a van the amount of people i see with a phone on there lap is scary... even on motorways at 90 mph looking down for 3 or 4 seconds at a time, phones should be banned in cars in my opinion.  :scared: Rant over  :laugh:

....I wholeheartedly agree with you  :happy2:

:stupid:  :fighting:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:04:26 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »
^^^2nd that last statement I hate been one sided but the amount of young women I see in cars on the phone is getting stupid

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:59 pm »
I hate seeing people on the phone when they pull in front of you or almost come into the side of you at a roundabout.

I have Bluetooth in my car and if someone calls me I will answer but I won't make a call in the car.

I do think everyone should be made to do the advanced driving or a version of it before getting there licence.  I had my licence for 6 years when I done my bike test I went for advanced driving on a bike and I learned a lot.

Motorway driving could be a problem in the test as I am 80 miles away from the nearest motorway!

On my driving test I got a minor for not using 5th gear going up a hill in a 30 zone and the car was struggeling in 4th (1.1 fiesta)

DSG-GTI

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 01:40:15 pm »
Can't say I see too many actualy driving with a phone stuck to an ear as I think it's to easy to be seen by the rozors and get nicked for it... My opinion is Facebook and twitter have a lot to do with it ... I have been told that the police routinely check phone activity when attending accidents ... Due care and attention spring to mind ...

Not sure even more testing for a licence would make much difference... Like to bet 6 points and a grand would have an effect though.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 02:19:44 pm »

Can't say I see too many actualy driving with a phone stuck to an ear as I think it's to easy to be seen by the rozors and get nicked for it...

....Those that do it are mostly wise to how obvious it is when the mobile is held at the ear, so what has become far more common is drivers texting , often in their lap! But it's obvious to anyone seeing them look down and with only one hand on the wheel.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 02:25:20 pm »
I find it quite odd that people can afford to drive around in expensive cars esp 4x4/SUV types and yet can't afford bluetooth. I've seen drivers of cars with illegal tints seem to use their phones for voice calls.

RR, reminds me of the local dual carriageway where I saw some youngster in a Pug swerving side to side in his lane whilst he looked down to text, intermittently looking up.  :stupid:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 09:01:25 pm »
Second prog about to start now for those who may be interested  :happy2:

Offline Trekmeister

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 10
  • Golf GT 140
Re: Re: How Safe Are Britain's Roads?....
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »
Just watched episode 2 and while I agree that men take more risks on the road I don't agree with their statement that  females are better drivers. They may be safer but not better as in skill or ability!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2