Make a donation

Author Topic: New ED30 owner from Berkshire  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
New ED30 owner from Berkshire
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:32:25 pm »
Hi all,

Been referred over here by richwig from ukmkivs. Spent years over there until my cherished mkiv was written off recently. Owned it for 10 years - had loads done to it & went through quite a few stages of tune. Loved the car - in the time I owned it I enjoyed a decent roadtrip trip through Europe (to the Stelvio pass, via Munich & back via Reims), a few UK trackdays (Bedford & Cadwell) - best mods made were the K04-023 TT turbo and Quaife diff (the diff I only got to enjoy for 3 weeks). An old couple of pics for a flavour of the car;

Pics of the aftermath;

Not my fault - hit from behind on the way to work. Still, long story. Needless to say, to help ease the pain of the loss, I've just become the proud owner of this;

Only owned it since Saturday, but am enjoying the car very much. I am a DSG convert!

Will get a thread going in the members rides to chart the progress. I resolved to keep this one standard, bar little OEM bits. This site looks a great source of info, but I think it will test my resolve...!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New ED30 owner from Berkshire
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:09:03 am »
welcome to the forum Dave--remember reading bout your car on the mkiv forum--but you will love the mk5  :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:21:58 am »
Welcome Dave, ask yourself in 2 months time if you stay a regular visitor if you've managed to keep to your word where so many have failed  :laugh:

You will love the Ed30. Superb car  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »
Hi and welcome mate

The mk5 is a brilliant car, especially with DSG (IMO).

P.S. This forum is dangerous for your wallet :grin:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »
Welcome along! :drinking:

Shame about tour Mk4, lovely looking car.  :sad1:

You'll love the Eddy and in weeks your resolve will be in tatters buddy, trust me. Nothing we like more than helping peeps spend their hard earned.  :evilgrin:

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »
Lovely car, can I ask what the mileage on it is and how much you paid - looks great  :happy2: Welcome along chap!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »
Shame about the MK4 matey. If you'd of gazibo'd it yourself at least you could say 'fair play...' but non fault claims are always the most frustrating  :sick:

Your ED30 looks absolutely cracking, very similar appearance to my old GTI so bit biased  :happy2: :laugh:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 07:04:51 pm »
Where in Berkshire are you based? Dave, happy to give the car a scan using VCDS for you if you're close to Bracknell area just to help you out  :happy2:

Offline eddy_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 10:51:24 pm »
the DSG is awesome isn't it...

might see you on the road, work in Bracknell myself too... and i've got the same colour, same spec.. spooky...

what sort of OEM mods are you thinking of?
'08 Edition 30, DSG, Revo Stg 2+, DSG Stage 2 map, Milltek TBE,  Autotech HPFP internals, Forge DV, ITG CAI, front mounted machine guns, Porsche NQSBBK, SuperPro Antilift, H&R Rear ARB, retro fit armrest mdi, boot pop, Forge Twintercooler (cheeky little red hoses)..
VCDS-HEX+CAN

up next.. Wavetrak LSD and a front ARB

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
Welcome, great colour, one i couldnt find at the time. Dave from mkivs.net as in dave & jess, dave. Or dave that lost the indicators in the car park at North wales show?
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »
Sorry for a slow reply chaps - mad few weeks, and lots of hassle sorting car stuff, but calming down now! Cheers for a great welcome - replies as follows;

welcome to the forum Dave--remember reading bout your car on the mkiv forum--but you will love the mk5  :happy2:

Appreciate it - remember you were over on mkivs too - am loving the mk5 so far. Seems very technical compared to my old mkiv...

Welcome Dave, ask yourself in 2 months time if you stay a regular visitor if you've managed to keep to your word where so many have failed  :laugh:

You will love the Ed30. Superb car  :happy2:

Cheers Steve - will be a regular visitor here. So much valuable info shared on the forums, I'm definitely here for keeps. Will keep going back to ukmkivs too though!
Yeah - know what you mean - the ED30 /mk5 is so tunable. I've probably broken my resolve already as I've bought a set of mk6 LED numberplate lights and R32 front and rear discs...
Safety mods, of course...

Hi and welcome mate

The mk5 is a brilliant car, especially with DSG (IMO).

P.S. This forum is dangerous for your wallet :grin:

Cheers! I love the DSG - just perfect for my commute, and when you want a bit of fun, the car is transformed. Not tried it in 'S' yet...

PS - I am expecting that. Never expected to mod my mkiv so far as I did, but liked the car and just enhanced it rather than changing it. With the MK5, such a good looking & well specced car in standard form, I don't really want to change much at all...

Welcome along! :drinking:

Shame about tour Mk4, lovely looking car.  :sad1:

You'll love the Eddy and in weeks your resolve will be in tatters buddy, trust me. Nothing we like more than helping peeps spend their hard earned.  :evilgrin:

:happy2:

Thanks MC71! Loved my mkiv - sad to say it was about to be retired to be a hobby / 2nd car after so many years of service! Wanted something newer to run everyday, and before I got to doing it, BANG, and that was that...

You're right - loving the ED30 - plan to be more restrained with this one, but there are some OEM additions I want to add!

Lovely car, can I ask what the mileage on it is and how much you paid - looks great  :happy2: Welcome along chap!

Hi Dom, it's on 47k. Paid about what you were asking for your car with mods - definitely more than most on autotrader, but buying from VW I was happy to have the warranty and a bit more peace of mind. Most for sale privately are pushing highish miles...

Shame about the MK4 matey. If you'd of gazibo'd it yourself at least you could say 'fair play...' but non fault claims are always the most frustrating  :sick:

Your ED30 looks absolutely cracking, very similar appearance to my old GTI so bit biased  :happy2: :laugh:

Cheers - love the colour! My satin silver mkiv got a few comments from some peeps as they didn't believe it was a standard colour, but love the steel grey. Reminds me of my first car - a mk3 in storm grey...

Where in Berkshire are you based? Dave, happy to give the car a scan using VCDS for you if you're close to Bracknell area just to help you out  :happy2:

Cheers Dom - that's very good of you - may take you up on that! I'm in Maidenhead, but work in Winnersh. Hope there's nothing wrong with the car, but I used to have Vagcom for my old mkiv - useless now as the new car is Canbus whereas the old one wasn't!

the DSG is awesome isn't it...

might see you on the road, work in Bracknell myself too... and i've got the same colour, same spec.. spooky...

what sort of OEM mods are you thinking of?

Very much so - really enjoying the DSG!
Will look out for you - I work in Winnersh, so will keep an eye out on the A329...

OEM mods - so far, just thinking of mk6 LED numberplate lights (bought), new H/U, would really love the highline MFD & MFSW, and folding mirrors. Nothing else to add then!

Welcome, great colour, one i couldnt find at the time. Dave from mkivs.net as in dave & jess, dave. Or dave that lost the indicators in the car park at North wales show?

Thanks Frodo! Colour of this one was one of a few reasons why I bought it over a Pirelli...
I'm neither of those Dave's, but sound interesting chaps! My username on mkivs.net is the same as here... :)

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:48:38 pm »
Eddie nl has the folding mirrors for sale..this forum spends your money

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 08:57:02 pm »
Hello Dave. I work in Winnersh so will keep an eye open for you.  :happy2:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »
Shame to see the Mk4 got into a crash. But im very glad you upgraded to a 5! Looks the muts in that colour and cant help  :drool: at all the ones on this forum! Looking forward to seeing more! I live in hampshire! Not too far away  :happy2:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:30 pm »
Eddie nl has the folding mirrors for sale..this forum spends your money
Thanks Andy - not been on here long, but can see that Eddie nl has a great rep on here for the extra upgrades. Given the battering my bank account has taken recently I'll pass on those at the moment, but thanks - appreciate the heads up!

Hello Dave. I work in Winnersh so will keep an eye open for you.  :happy2:
Cheers Hedge - will look out for another ED30!

Shame to see the Mk4 got into a crash. But im very glad you upgraded to a 5! Looks the muts in that colour and cant help  :drool: at all the ones on this forum! Looking forward to seeing more! I live in hampshire! Not too far away  :happy2:

Thanks Chris - I miss the mkiv still. Great times with it. Still, least it was a quick death I guess...
Cheers for the comments - love the new car in steel grey. Looks great when clean, but expect that'll be a bit difficult now on given the time of year!
Hampshire - know it pretty well.. went to Uni in Southampton... :smiley:

Edition 30 - no. 1387