Make a donation

Author Topic: touareg v10 vs range rover td6 discuss?  (Read 6765 times)

Offline dave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: touareg v10 vs range rover td6 discuss?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »
No problem bud wouldn't get trade discount unless I bought it myself unfortunately I do get parts at trade price though

Offline GTImike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
  • Back in a Golf - Mk7 R
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:50 pm »
I've had two TD6's in the past four years, the first was a 02 reg Vogue bought in 2008 and wasn't a scrap of bother for the 12 months I owned it but I started to hear of them breaking and my wallet got scared so I sold it for a tidy profit.

I had a couple of other cars and then bought a 2003 model HSE in 2010 because I missed the luxury motoring of my first but WHAT a mistake! They are beautiful cars when running properly but I spent nearly £5k in six months keeping it on the road, with airbag suspension faults, compressor failures, injector problems etc.

I always vowed that I would only ever buy another one if it was less than 3 years old and still in warranty. I know that you have already mentioned the X5 and probably ruled it out, but my father in law bought a facelift 2006 3.0d sport recently for around your budget and its a fantastic motor, good perfromance and economy for the size (35mpg) but like any luxury brand, could still be big bucks as/when it breaks.

Can't really comment on the VW other than you don't hear as many horror stories

Are the 3.0 tdi touraegs still fetching good money then? You're right to ignore the 2.5 version, woefully underpowered.

2008/58 Tornado Red Edition 30 (No. 1853) 5dr DSG - Gone but never forgotten
2017/66 Tornado Red Golf R 5D - Lasted 6 months before being sold on
Still have a TFSI in the family - 2009/59 Audi S3 8P facelift Stage 2 tuned
Oh and a Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 01:42:40 pm »

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy