Make a donation

Author Topic: Sticky Clutch when 'pressing on'  (Read 9134 times)

Offline Sparky Craig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
  • Looking To Sell my R32 :(
    • My R32 Page
    • Email
Re: Sticky Clutch when 'pressing on'
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 09:46:41 am »
Just a quick one I had the SAME issue with my car about 18months ago, I had the dealer take it back in under warranty and they played with it for a FULL week, changed loads of bits, for the problem to still be there.

Then one of the techs found a brake hose with the internals crushed, they replaced the hose bled the system jobs a good un...

No problems even since ...

:happy2:

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:07 pm »
just ordered some HEL braided brake lines  :happy2:

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 06:21:11 pm »
mines gone aswell, but I cant say what did it as my car had major work done on related components

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 10:53:10 pm »
it will come back dood, mine was fixed for all of 20 mins (the time it took me to get home and put revo back on)

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline gerard_gti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:32 pm »
Hi guys, iv the same problem, clutch has just started sticking the odd time, usually when taking off from junction in 1st gear,it sticks half way and does not go as far down as the floor, any common fix?

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:13 am »
TTT

Me and pov have same issue, we have both had our master cylinders changed but the problem is still there..

Any one else?

Since I've had this issue... I have had... wait for this...

New clutch
New release Bearing
New Dual Mass Fly Wheel
New Fluids
New Master Cylinder
New Regulator Valve (It's like a round, black, plastic sealed unit attached to the bulkhead which is part of the clutch pipework ... it was squeaking and vibrating when depressing the clutch).

... and guess what, it started doing it again at the weekend. Only when I'm giving it some stick.... but so what... it should still bloody work !!

Apparently there is a return spring on the pedal assembly, which I could be pressing beyond it's limit when changing hard... so this is next up for investigation.

... and to think I discounted DSG because I felt there could be some nasty cost associated with it... the fecking Irony !!

Gonna give it another couple of tries and if I can't get it fully sorted soon... I'm going to flog it... I'm that pissed off.  :fighting:

I have exact same problems, and have now had all the above parts now changed apart from clutch and still doing it.  :fighting: Gutted  :sad1: Still, the one chink of light is that Steve at Statllers is on the case and if anyone can sort it, I believe he can.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:37 am »
have now had all the above parts now changed apart from clutch and still doing it.  :fighting: Gutted  :sad1: Still, the one chink of light is that Steve at Statllers is on the case and if anyone can sort it, I believe he can.

That's not good Andy. 
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:10 am »
I've also got this issue. Bit more similar to Ben's, where it sticks when pushing the car hard. Clutch has never felt good, rattle from DMF is ridiculous and  shifts don't feel right either.

I'm dreading getting all those bits replaced. Might just part chop for the new Tiguan R.  :sad1:
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:53 am »
Well I will join in on this escapade, well as you guys might know it well it's one after all.

I had my clutch, slave cylinder/throw out bearing, master cylinder and full system bleed.
I have thought about replacing the sealed unit as well as the black unit that hangs off the slave.

The only slight difference I have is that when its cold, the clutch works perfectly, when the clutch gets warm, it drops the biting point from the top of the pedal almost to the floor.

But let it stand for 10-15 minutes and the pedal is perfect.
So I too have been on the hunt for the issue. I won't have my car back for at least another 10-14 days.
Will reassess the car then.

Much like one of the other members here, I decided too, to get the manual over DSG.
I owned a TDI DSG before my GTI.

Now I can drive my manual or the girlfriends DSG GTI. So best of both worlds?
Or is that problem from both camps?

But the idea of a damaged brake line? I can possibly see how that could affect it.

I owned a Audi B6 TDI a few years back (stunning car 130hp) but as you drove it the brakes would engage to the point the car would hardly move, then release pressure from one of the hoses. Car would then drive perfectly till problem re-occurred.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:13:49 am by GLIDN »

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 11:14:39 am »
have now had all the above parts now changed apart from clutch and still doing it.  :fighting: Gutted  :sad1: Still, the one chink of light is that Steve at Statllers is on the case and if anyone can sort it, I believe he can.

That's not good Andy. 

yeah not good, am considering going back to stage 1 am that miffed off with it

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 02:27:41 pm »

That's not good Andy. 

yeah not good, am considering going back to stage 1 am that miffed off with it

If all the parts bar the clutch have been changed and its still doing it then its prob the clutch!  :signLOL:

Pressure plate is really the only thing that pushes the slave back so maybe the forks are weak.

Did the clutch look ok?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »
hi alex, yeah clutch looked ok.

not done bleed block as thought might be more to it and DMF was definately ko'ed so box did need to be dropped. tbh if clutch has gone wish i would have gone for a loba clutch and smf although would need to ask Steve about prices

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 06:03:02 pm »

not done bleed block as thought might be more to it and DMF was definately ko'ed so box did need to be dropped. tbh if clutch has gone wish i would have gone for a loba clutch and smf although would need to ask Steve about prices

I want that bleed block modded by Monday!  :evilgrin:  If there is any sh*te in the block then it could be occationally blocking and restricting flow.   :fighting:  :signLOL:
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:19 pm »

I want that bleed block modded by Monday!  :evilgrin:  If there is any sh*te in the block then it could be occationally blocking and restricting flow.   :fighting:  :signLOL:

ha ha :mad: