Make a donation

Author Topic: I know its friday but i need URGENT help GTi is poorly  (Read 3178 times)

Offline spimmers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: I know its friday but i need URGENT help GTi is poorly
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 01:27:19 pm »
Hi, Just a quick update update on my car, those of you who said it was an ignition coil........ give yourselves a pat on the back  :congrats: phoned SKF oldham this morning and dropped the car off and asked if i could have it done today which she couldnt promise as they were fully booked and they finish at 12 saturdays  but she would try her hardest for me. anyway they managed to fit me in replaced the coil packs which solved the missfiring issue. they also gave it a free health check and cleaned it. Great service from the dealer i am very happy. so thank you too everybody that gave advice, great help from a top draw forum.  :notworthy:

Cheers

Dean

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 11:54:22 pm »
^^^^
That's good news, Dean  :happy2:

How many of the coilpacks did they replace and were they all out of date re the free replacement?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline W8 Performance

• Trader - 2014
  • Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:19 am »
Good news. As above was it covered under warranty?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 08:48:37 am »
@ Dean:

"I love my GTi more than my girlfriend" < Under your forum avatar - Hopefully your girlfriend doesn't read this forum!

I have to admit that I watched "Take Me Out" last night and when the guy said how much he loved his car (a Honda) lots of the girls hit their 'No Likey, No Lighty' button.

"I love my GTi as much as my girlfriend" might get you into less trouble and actually, as it will already be so very obvious to her how much you love your car she will think you love her lots = Win Win!

:grin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline spimmers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »
Hi, they replaced all 4 free of charge. she has seen the comment about about the girlfriend and GTi and all she has too say about it is that i need too change it too wife as we got married last month  :jumping: she's crackers...

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:25 pm »
Hi, they replaced all 4 free of charge. she has seen the comment about about the girlfriend and GTi and all she has too say about it is that i need too change it too wife as we got married last month  :jumping: she's crackers...

Haha brilliant! Glad you got the car all sorted and under warranty even better!  :P