Make a donation

Author Topic: What tyres should i go for on my ED30?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: What tyres should i go for on my ED30?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:51 am »

Loads of threads on here, search is your friend and also new tyres should be put on the back of your golf not the front! (Search) :happy2:
yeah new tyres on rear, even if car is front/rear/4 wheel drive
reason being if for example you have a blow out anywhere on the car you will need your maximum grip on the rear to give you most chance to control the vehicle.
quote direct from Michelin
rear always
[/quote]

I totally agree, but in my case they went on the front as the Conti sport contact 2's on the back were measured and had full tread. They are like new. The Michelin's on the front will very soon have less tread than the Conti's on the back, I can assure you!  :wink:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

scottm72

Re: What tyres should i go for on my ED30?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 12:50:56 am »

Loads of threads on here, search is your friend and also new tyres should be put on the back of your golf not the front! (Search) :happy2:
yeah new tyres on rear, even if car is front/rear/4 wheel drive
reason being if for example you have a blow out anywhere on the car you will need your maximum grip on the rear to give you most chance to control the vehicle.
quote direct from Michelin
rear always
I see,,, in that case have fun dude

I totally agree, but in my case they went on the front as the Conti sport contact 2's on the back were measured and had full tread. They are like new. The Michelin's on the front will very soon have less tread than the Conti's on the back, I can assure you!  :wink:
[/quote]