Make a donation

Author Topic: New GTi Owner  (Read 916 times)

Offline JustinP

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Justins Twitter
    • Email
New GTi Owner
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:15:09 am »
A massive thanks to all the other VW Golf owners who've posted up advice to everything I could've ever asked for, that's why I haven't needed to post.

I've now owned a MK5 Golf GTi '55 plate with 28K on the clock for about 2 months and I'm chuffed to bits, two visits to the dealer has made my wallet lighter but it's been worth the money.

No plans to modify or tweak - I've done that with the last two cars and I'm dead chuffed with the stock setup.

Keep up the great work MK5GolfGTI forum, very proud to be a member of the new community.

Standard MK5 '05 Golf GTi

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: New GTi Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 07:38:16 am »
Welcome! Managed to get a low miler there, a rare find  :happy2:

However,  :worthless:

Oh, and we all say we are going to keep it standard, I for one definitely did, but plenty of colour coding a minor tweaks side I joined the site  :signLOL:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:44:08 am »
A massive thanks to all the other VW Golf owners who've posted up advice to everything I could've ever asked for, that's why I haven't needed to post.

I've now owned a MK5 Golf GTi '55 plate with 28K on the clock for about 2 months and I'm chuffed to bits, two visits to the dealer has made my wallet lighter but it's been worth the money.

No plans to modify or tweak - I've done that with the last two cars and I'm dead chuffed with the stock setup.

Keep up the great work MK5GolfGTI forum, very proud to be a member of the new community.

Heard that SO many times  :laugh: (even said it myself once upon a time)  :innocent:

Welcome to the Forum Justin  :happy2:

Offline JustinP

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Justins Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:11 am »
There's some lovely motors there guys and thanks for the modifications support, this community is huge.

I'll get some pictures up very soon.

I've come from a highly modified Mazda MX5 and RX7 - so thanks for the mods suggestion Monte, but I've got another expensive hobby called dancing which sucks up the cash but it's worth every penny.

My eyes nearly fell out BrookesB32 when I saw the mileage, I almost don't want to drive it and keep the mileage low.

PS. Just a quick one for the mods - I may need to PM someone from the VCDS register (what a great idea) about getting basic settings done - when does the facility become active as I'm aware I'm a new member.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:48 am »
Welcome along Justin!  :drinking:

You need 10 posts before you can PM another member, all in the "New Members Intro".

Have a read........

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51.0.html

Oh and good luck with keeping her standard!  :grin:

EDITED to correct EPIC text fail! (You'll never know)  :signLOL:

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:20:45 am by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline JustinP

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Justins Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:10 am »
I thought they'd be a post count limit, I knew I should've read the FAQs, thanks for the really very early morning replies, I thought I was the only one up before 6.

Offline foggy3061

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 06:53:12 pm »

Agreed! A good search normally finds what you need to know, great forum!  :happy2:

I've now owned a MK5 Golf GTi '55 plate with 28K on the clock

Wow! Thats nothing of a mileage - i'd imaging you've got plenty of trouble free and fun miles ahead!
2005 MK5 GTI 3dr Tornado Red, OEM+