Make a donation

Author Topic: Uprating bulbs quick question  (Read 7534 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Uprating bulbs quick question
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 11:37:51 am »
iam stuck between the MTEC and nightbreakers. About the same price, just want the brightest longest range.
My current Ring xenon whatevers only lasted 11 months, are slightly whiter than standard halogens, range about the same...

Im considering nightbreakers over the MTEC's.  

MTEC's   :fighting:

Nighbreakers  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 12:43:58 pm »
iam stuck between the MTEC and nightbreakers. About the same price, just want the brightest longest range.
My current Ring xenon whatevers only lasted 11 months, are slightly whiter than standard halogens, range about the same...

In that case it will be a choice between the nightbreakers or Phillips xtreme as the MTEC's are white but the beam is short (this is fine for me as I usually drive on lit up roads anyway).
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 02:39:00 pm »
Just got back inside from fitting my nightbreakers!
What a biiiatch it was too! Offside is a nightmare to work on! Got the bulbs in easy enough but the metal securing clips - no chance!!
I've had to leave one off! - cant see it will hurt to much as I picked up my GTI lights earlier today which I will be putting on as soon as I get the front end :) - I will be putting all bulbs in whilst its off the car!!!

Ill let you all know what I think of the lights later on tonight (or should i say this afternoon) when it's dark!

Cheers all!

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »
Just got back inside from fitting my nightbreakers!
What a biiiatch it was too! Offside is a nightmare to work on! Got the bulbs in easy enough but the metal securing clips - no chance!!
I've had to leave one off! - cant see it will hurt to much as I picked up my GTI lights earlier today which I will be putting on as soon as I get the front end :) - I will be putting all bulbs in whilst its off the car!!!

Ill let you all know what I think of the lights later on tonight (or should i say this afternoon) when it's dark!

Cheers all!

Bulbs need to be secure, or all the bumps in the road will make your lights flicker!
Sig to big.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »
Yea I later realised this Altho for the life of me I can't get it back on :/

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 04:35:21 pm »
The metal clips are only used for the main beam. So as you are changing the lights soon I guess you probably won't even use them.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »
The metal clips are only used for the main beam. So as you are changing the lights soon I guess you probably won't even use them.

No they are needed for the sidelights too!
Sig to big.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 10:29:58 pm »
I changed the mains and full beams to nightbreakers and the metal clip that secures the bulb came clean out and it won't go back in so I've taken the bulb out and as it stands just have no full beems but seems as I've picked up my gti lights ill change it all over completely soon so shouldn't matter to much.

With regards to the OSRAMs - there epic!!

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 08:39:49 am »

No they are needed for the sidelights too!

Not on my car their not!
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
The metal clips, are used on the full beem, but not for sidelights or main beem.  :happy2:

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 10:23:11 am »
The metal clips, are used on the full beem, but not for sidelights or main beem.  :happy2:

Sorry thats what i meant to say, full beam.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 11:54:36 am »
^^^^ lots of peeps going for the MTEC's, might get a set to compare with my Phillips xtreme bulbs and see (no pun intended) what the fuss is about! Just had a look on eBay, £12 a pair.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTEC-H7-55w-SUPER-WHITE-HID-XENON-CLASS-UPGRADE-BULBS-/220818953619?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3369d5d593

:happy2:

Ive just put the MTEC 55w Cosmos Blue in my R26 after reading 'rave reports' on them.  I am seriously disapointed in the beam power.   Have to think of something else........

I can't really comment on the Cosmos Blue, but

My SuperWhite MTEC's are amazing  :pomppomp:

Quote from: vw55raz link=topic=

56224.msg633336#msg633336 date=1352374671

Im considering nightbreakers over the MTEC's.  

MTEC's   :fighting:

Nighbreakers  :happy2:

???  :confused:

The 4350k HID Class 100watt MTECs are more than bright enough.
I think when you first change from the awful Yellow beam bulbs to the Superwhite MTEC's its just something new. You get used to it quick.
I live out in the sticks with lots of country B roads and no lighting. I don't have any problems at all with the strength of the MTEC's.

Make sure you have put the bulbs correctly in the holders. Just a little bit off to one side and the beam will be out of alignment.
 :happy2:

Offline Teo10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »
Any of you guys got these? What you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK5-XENON-ICE-BLUE-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-H7-/250551599999?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a560a037f

My friend just got them for his GTI and says they are really really good for the money you pay for them?

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2012, 12:47:58 pm »
6 month warranty, probably means they don't last much longer than that..
gone with the super white xenon MTEC's, 1 year warranty.  i'll let you all know what i think of em....
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Timi8888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »
6 month warranty, probably means they don't last much longer than that..
gone with the super white xenon MTEC's, 1 year warranty.  i'll let you all know what i think of em....

They are a nice white colour but I find the beam length is not much better than standard bulbs!
Sig to big.