Make a donation

Author Topic: can i fit my k04 (maybe a silly question)  (Read 1869 times)

Offline pd9264

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
can i fit my k04 (maybe a silly question)
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »
im currently running my k03 at stage 2+.
      if i fit a k04 turbo only and dont fit the s3 injecters just yet. would the car be ok to drive. im going to go stage 3 in a couple of weeks. just want to get the turbo all fitted and ready to go.  :stupid:

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
Re: can i fit my k04 (maybe a silly question)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »
Id wait until you are ready to go stage 3 and then fit it. The map you have will be for a K03 and not work.  Sammy who used to be on here found out the hard way because his engine went boom!
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »
Several people have used revo stage 2 with stock injectors and k04 turbo. As long as you keep the boost settings sensible, I wouldn't expect big problems. Atleast ecu knows the correct amount of fuel its injecting and also the measured air-fuel ratio. Bigger problem would be running S3 injectors with k03 map. I think K04 might also overboost on k03 map if requested boost is high.

There was a person on vortex that run this setup for almost a year, even tracked it with 6-2-9 (b-t-f) settings, (if I recall correctly the numbers). Said that it was running strong and without problems. I would expect this setup to work very well in partial throttle situation when running on closed loop and following lambda. But I dont know for sure what happens during wot, does ecu run open loop and there is a risk of going lean?

Anyway, for your situation it would be perfectly fine to change the turbo and keep settings down at 2-2-9 or similar, or even stock settings until you get injectors and tune for them.

Offline pd9264

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »
ok thatss good to no. i may fit the turbo and set my revo settings to stock. im not going to be driving far. also when i book it in for the map. i will fit the s3 injectors the day before. il have to drive about 12miles on this setup to the garage. would that be ok if i go nice and steady.

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:36:00 am »
If it was my car, I would drive it. Just dont go crazy with the gas pedal.

Offline muckipup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:59:09 pm »
Id wait until you are ready to go stage 3 and then fit it. The map you have will be for a K03 and not work.  Sammy who used to be on here found out the hard way because his engine went boom!

Yeah, I would look up that story on the forum....I think there is a lesson to be learned there!