Make a donation

Author Topic: Best coloured polish for Laser Blue Please  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: Best coloured polish for Laser Blue Please
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:46 am »
Oh no, so  :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

So what products SHOULD I use in what order please? Help me!  :popcornsoda:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 06:37:41 am »
The trouble with detailing is that once the wash and decontamination is out the way it all comes down to personal preference, alot more than it does with the earlier process'. Some say its either wax or a sealant with some saying sealants lasting longer but waxes giving better results, some use both. Some just use polish, some use glaze, some people use both. Its all personal preference.

What I do is;
Wash, 2 bucket Method, I used to use AG Bodywoak Shampoo Conditioner but last time I needed I some I bought Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo which I prefer to AG's
Clay Bar with Meguiars Cly Kit
Polish with AG SRP or Meguiars 3 stage system
Wax, if I don't use meguiars 3 stage system I either use stage 3 of the set after the SRP or AG Aqua Wax

I prefer the Meguires wax tbh as it gives a better finish but if I'm in a rush I use the aqua wax as its quicker (and smells good). Most people wouldn't probably rate much of what I use or how I do it but I don't really get the time or space to do it properly. Anything I've linked to above is just so you know the products I'm on about.

Heres a couple more guides and FAQ's etc that might help or confuse you more  :signLOL:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/generalImg/guide.gif

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice.html

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 11:09:54 am »
I've always been impressed with Megs Gold glass wash (when it's really dirty) or AG wash (when its only a little dirty) for keeping the shine throughout the year.

I clay with Megs, polish with AG SRP (really great stuff) and wax with Colinite 476S - that keeps the polish in and the water beading for 6 months minimum (and doesn't cost silly money)  :notworthy:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 01:13:26 pm »
I've always been impressed with Megs Gold glass wash (when it's really dirty) or AG wash (when its only a little dirty) for keeping the shine throughout the year.

I clay with Megs, polish with AG SRP (really great stuff) and wax with Colinite 476S - that keeps the polish in and the water beading for 6 months minimum (and doesn't cost silly money)  :notworthy:

Brilliant Graeme, that seems nice and simple, I've got some Gold class, so I'm gonna copy you! Thank you!  :happy2:

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »
sorry to jump on this Ian...

But i have noticed a small bit on my roof on the edge where the clear coat has been stripped off. just wondering what product/brand i would need to purchase to restore the clear coat it's only a small bit but its starting to bug me.

:popcornsoda:

anyone or should i start a new thread?

VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 04:46:02 pm »
If you buy a touch up pen set they normally have a clear coat touch up too.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 06:24:42 pm »
sorry to jump on this Ian...

But i have noticed a small bit on my roof on the edge where the clear coat has been stripped off. just wondering what product/brand i would need to purchase to restore the clear coat it's only a small bit but its starting to bug me.

anyone or should i start a new thread?

You'll get a lot more attention from a new thread Marvin.  :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 09:24:40 pm »

Brilliant Graeme, that seems nice and simple, I've got some Gold class, so I'm gonna copy you! Thank you!  :happy2:

You can't go wrong with that stuff matey  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »
+1 for megs gold class.

I can recommend Dodo Blue velvet too (not the plus I didnt have the extra ££!)

Once clayed and waxed you will notice a big difference in how easy it is to clean the car in future.

Smooth as glass!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »

I'd recommend a quick detailer each time you wash. It will top up the protection the wax gives and provide a lovely glossy depth. I use Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical on my black car and it is awesome - probably my favourite detailing product.

Offline quattrogmbh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »
I too would suggest Dodo Blue Velvet.

Lovely Wax.