Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Remap In West Yorkshire? Please Help !!!  (Read 15457 times)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: Best Remap In West Yorkshire? Please Help !!!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:12 am »
Theres a good place in Halifax, their name seems to have escaped me.

Im sure MattED30 will know or Hurdy.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 10:42:37 am »
^^ a panel filter (£35ish) from K&N or Pipercross combined with the pre-cat removed from the exhaust will give you about 245ish bhp with a stage one remap. Maybe more

Ignore the Revo & Superchips claims of 260bhp, it NEVER happens. All tuners will get you about the same BHP, but it's the way it drives, not peak figures  :happy2:

So you dont recommend getting a closed/ open  intake? Also not sure on these GTI's as i have just got it. Is the pre-cat before or after the DP? an would i not just be best getting either a Turbo back system (if i can afford it) or a cat back system (can afford it :)

Thanks guys :party:

Open intake is better top end (maybe +15bhp) but will lose a little low down power.

The pre-cat is on the down pipe. It's better to get a turbo back exhaust, but it's all down to budget  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:00 am »
^^ a panel filter (£35ish) from K&N or Pipercross combined with the pre-cat removed from the exhaust will give you about 245ish bhp with a stage one remap. Maybe more

Ignore the Revo & Superchips claims of 260bhp, it NEVER happens. All tuners will get you about the same BHP, but it's the way it drives, not peak figures  :happy2:

So you dont recommend getting a closed/ open  intake? Also not sure on these GTI's as i have just got it. Is the pre-cat before or after the DP? an would i not just be best getting either a Turbo back system (if i can afford it) or a cat back system (can afford it :)

Thanks guys :party:

Open intake is better top end (maybe +15bhp) but will lose a little low down power.

The pre-cat is on the down pipe. It's better to get a turbo back exhaust, but it's all down to budget  :happy2:

Not sure if im being dumb then, but dont most people pick up a Down pipe with a 100 or 200 cell cat on it? so you guys are saying get a straight downpipe?  :stupid:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 01:09:52 pm »
Its over 2 hours away, and with the price of petrol nower dayz... :surprised:

Just was hoping there is a half decent one further up north.  RS Tuning and Awesome GTI in Leeds look very good, and also FR Tuning in Bradford. Anyone had a map done at these places.

Thanks

Awesome GTI will sell you an APR (or is it Revo now?) map, which will cost you more than the extra petrol to R-Tech  :wink:

Also, they aren't really "tuners" so will follow a list of instructions on how to "upload a map" and that's it. . . No proper data logging etc. If you want the best for your car then take it to a reputable tuner. PDT is another tuner well spoken of on the forum but he is even further north.

See here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52207.0.html

Thanks for the mention. We charge £349 (£50 discount to forum members so £299) which includes all diagnostics, mapping, datalogging and dyno tuning. We typically spend 3-4 hours on most TFSi engines. We also now reccomend a precat removal (£50) which really does help even at stg1.

Hi mate, what kind of BHP increase do you usually see? Do you see better results with certain intakes or certain exhaust systems? Any info would be great. And also, where are you located.

Ross

heres a typical map on a gti with 95ron:

and with decent fuel:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:11:27 pm by PDT »

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:37 pm »
Theres a good place in Halifax, their name seems to have escaped me.

Im sure MattED30 will know or Hurdy.

Was this redline or racing line, mainly deal with Jap stuff, but have done bits for Matt that he is happy with.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 01:02:12 am »
Another recommendation for PDT. I always travel up to see Dave when I need a map tweak or some biscuits

Worth the 200mile trip every time  :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:51 pm »
Its over 2 hours away, and with the price of petrol nower dayz... :surprised:

Just was hoping there is a half decent one further up north.  RS Tuning and Awesome GTI in Leeds look very good, and also FR Tuning in Bradford. Anyone had a map done at these places.

Thanks

Awesome GTI will sell you an APR (or is it Revo now?) map, which will cost you more than the extra petrol to R-Tech  :wink:

Also, they aren't really "tuners" so will follow a list of instructions on how to "upload a map" and that's it. . . No proper data logging etc. If you want the best for your car then take it to a reputable tuner. PDT is another tuner well spoken of on the forum but he is even further north.

See here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,52207.0.html

Thanks for the mention. We charge £349 (£50 discount to forum members so £299) which includes all diagnostics, mapping, datalogging and dyno tuning. We typically spend 3-4 hours on most TFSi engines. We also now reccomend a precat removal (£50) which really does help even at stg1.

Hey up mate, you got any Christmas sales on soon? on remaps or parts?....Also, where are you located in the UK, alot of people seem to recommend you  :happy2:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 03:23:49 pm »
Located in Sunderland, seeing as we discount to £299 for forum members already, we cant discount this any further as we already include of of the dyno time and datalogging with no extra charge.

Bring a pack of buscuits (nice ones, no digestives or boring stuff) and we will see what we can do on the cost of the precat removal ;)

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 11:02:42 pm »
another vote here for PDT :happy2:

(any chance of getting in for a dyno run next week please dave :wink:)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:52 pm »
Located in Sunderland, seeing as we discount to £299 for forum members already, we cant discount this any further as we already include of of the dyno time and datalogging with no extra charge.

Bring a pack of buscuits (nice ones, no digestives or boring stuff) and we will see what we can do on the cost of the precat removal ;)

Everyone seems to rave about you, so it looks like ill be taking a trip to see you soon. Just gonna try pick up a half decent CAI first. What is a standard price for a Pre-Cat removal?

Cheers

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 05:08:00 pm »
I think you will love the PDT remap. Mk5GTIan had a PDT map and he loved it  :happy2:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »
Precat removal is £60.

Dom: just pop in mate, if dyno is free then I can do you a quick dyno test.

Offline mo5in

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:04:44 pm »
still nobody found a decent place a bit closer to west yorkshire .?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »
still nobody found a decent place a bit closer to west yorkshire .?

If a place aint discussed on here, then its probably not going to be great.

If I were you, i wouldnt be trusting my pride & joy with some back street "tuner" - its worth travelling to get a decent remap.

Although statllers is in Yorkshire (sheffield) , i'm sure Stevo is either a Revo or an APR dealer.  :happy2:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 03:29:16 pm »
I think you will love the PDT remap. Mk5GTIan had a PDT map and he loved it  :happy2:

Yep, my ex still has the PDT map on her (our old) car, and I prefer it to my REVO map. And it's half the price!! I only have Revo now because of an ECU issue. I drove hers again the other day, and I'm well jeal!!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.