Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf Xenon Headlamps  (Read 1236 times)

Offline saadn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Golf Xenon Headlamps
« on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:58 am »
I've got a Golf GT Tdi and wanted to (at first) buy some Hella Xenon look projectors and install them with a Hid kit. But now I want to get actual Xenon headlamps and have been looking around the forums which has left me confused. I have found the following parts:

VW Part Number - 1K6941039A NS / 1K6941040A OS
http://www.allpartssouthwest.com/acatalog/Special_Offers__GOLF_Mk5_2003___1K1__548.html

Now these are gonna cost me approx £420 including delivery and this is just for headlight only. It does not include "D2S bulb, ballast control unit or igniter". What is an igniter, what additional work would be required to get these fully working and what would the rough costs be?

I also came across these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261086431482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But they don't come with ballasts, bulbs and "leveling systems". Again what is a leveling system and what work would be required to get these working on my car?

I've looked everywhere I could for the above answers but can't find anything so maybe someone can shed some light on this for me here.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:18:12 am by saadn »

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Golf Xenon Headlamps, fully confused :S
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:01:04 pm »
oem xenon lamps are hard enough to find secondhand...
to go the route of headlamps only and then but igniters and bulbs is going to work out very pricey.
you will need a loom for each lamp to connect xenons to a car standard halogen lamps..see www.kufatec.de
also there will be no self levelling without the sensors and the loom requiring costing in the region of 250 quid new.
if you want  to have the bixenon function to operate ..you need a highline cecm to wire headlamps to...

think i have given true info but someone might be able to explain it better.
 :happy2: :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline saadn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Golf Xenon Headlamps, fully confused :S
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 03:24:41 am »
Would £600 be enough to get everything up and running in terms of the Xenons or should I stick to getting the Hella projectors and putting in a hid kit? What's the beam pattern like for those?