Make a donation

Author Topic: MK7 GTi - For Real?  (Read 667 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
MK7 GTi - For Real?
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:57 am »
Does anyone know if the pic and info on the M7 GTi in Top Gear November are official or not?

It has quotes from Ulrich Hackenberg, VW chief engineer saying 220 bhp is all the customers wanted  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting: shoot down those customers.
However, he wanted more from the car so a performance pack comes with 230bhp and an electromechanical LSD. 0-60 in 6.5, 6.6 for boggo.

Looks fantastic with the new Monzas, which now look like Chinese stars! I will try and find the pic on the webternet. The red stripe on the grill now goes right the way across the front, through the headlights. Very cool! And tartan remains, thank God, so we will still have the choice. Interior looks beautiful. I hope this is real, as this looks so much better than the Mk6 GTi, a great car in it's own right.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
Re: MK7 GTi - For Real?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:30:46 am »
Seen heaps of pics on the official VW Facebook page and whilst it didn't go into the tec specs everything you've said about the looks matches what I saw. Will try and find the link.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:55:34 am »
The concept was unveiled the other month at Paris I think it was.

They are right on the spec with the optional sport pack with LSD etc. The stripe was to judge reaction but as te normal mk7 has a silver stripe through the lights I reckon it's here to stay. There is a thread somewhere about the unveiling with all the info in and loads of pics including a what looks like the return of laser blue.

I'll try and find the link

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 08:57:43 am »

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:04:03 am »
The concept was unveiled the other month at Paris I think it was.

They are right on the spec with the optional sport pack with LSD etc. The stripe was to judge reaction but as te normal mk7 has a silver stripe through the lights I reckon it's here to stay. There is a thread somewhere about the unveiling with all the info in and loads of pics including a what looks like the return of laser blue.

I'll try and find the link

I must have been in hospital. I'd never have missed a thread like that otherwise! Great news on Laser Blue Nodz! We won't have to get ours re-sprayed now!  :wink:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.