Make a donation

Author Topic: FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD AN RNS 510 OR NOT HAPPY WITH ITS FEATURES  (Read 3998 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT AFFORD AN RNS 510 OR NOT HAPPY WITH ITS FEATURES
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:42 am »
The title would suggest that you yourself have not tried the RNS510 matey. :wink:

I doubt that Anyone that has owned the RNS would say that they are not happy with its features.

Maybe you could take some shots of the Elisins different screens or maybe a video so we can see first hand? 

I personally haven't tried one of these Chinese copies, but I can say that just from the pictures that they look crap.  :sick:

Just my opinion of course.  :innocent:
i don't like the rns Carlo :grin:

.....meh.  :booty:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:21 am »
The title would suggest that you yourself have not tried the RNS510 matey. :wink:

I doubt that Anyone that has owned the RNS would say that they are not happy with its features.

Maybe you could take some shots of the Elisins different screens or maybe a video so we can see first hand? 

I personally haven't tried one of these Chinese copies, but I can say that just from the pictures that they look crap.  :sick:

Always one int there :laugh: :booty:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 12:44:44 pm »

:signLOL:

Offline yascooluk

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 01:48:09 pm »
you guys are legendary! Hope my Erisin head unit achieves that status!  :innocent:

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »
seen them on ebay, loads of features for the money, has anyone compared the sound quality with more expensive units?

Offline nadlad

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • GT Sport 08 140PS
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 03:17:32 am »
gets soem pics posted does it do div x playback i had one in my mk4 and to say it was chineese cheap crap is a massive understatement it worked flawlesly for 2 years till i sold it , was a great bit of kit think theres a big thread on ukmkivs on it, one thing i hate with my rns is that u cant play divx files

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 05:08:49 pm »
ive got one in mine fantastic bit of kit had mine for 2 years now not one fault

good thing about the erisin company is that you can haggle on the price i got them down to £225

be careful as some customers have ended up with units tht dont function properly i.e my brother thou was quickly replaced

there are a few things that need addressing the interface is a bit tacky and sumtimes slow

but all in all does what its meant to do

regarding divx it does play them
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:30 am »
Hi monte,

I have tried the rns510 and it's a great head unit and I'm not for one second doubting it. The reason why I went for the erisin one was because it was a lot cheaper, it's also got cool features like tv and built in mic  for bluetooth etc. the sat nav uses igo maps which is very good as well. You don't need any external modules. There are a few other reasons aswell. The build quality isn't cheap either. Yes it has got resistive touch screen but you get what you pay for and it's no boggy for me.

All in all looks great when fitted and gives me all the features I need.

I was quoted over £2000 to fit a brand new 510 with Bluetooth. This cost me £300 all in fitted.

The RNS and RCD series headunits only have resistive touch screens too, I think the capacitive screens will come into play in the Mk7 stereos  :happy2:

sometimes capacitive screens can be a little too sensitive (on phones for example) so I don't know what they'll be like in a car...
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)