Make a donation

Author Topic: Suspension  (Read 1128 times)

Offline gib181

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Suspension
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:06:28 pm »
Even lower front suspension,i have put the strut through hub by 20 mm,gets front reallly low ,pics to follow

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: Suspension
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:09:32 pm »
Not really sure what you mean Gib. Where abouts are you from?

Offline gib181

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »
Stamford,your strut only goes so far through hub as there is flat peice on bottom of hub,take strut out grind this stop away which alloys strut to go down through hub carrier,i cut anti roll bars 30 mm shorter,so your stut goes through,sitting just above driveshaft ... :happy2:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:54 pm »
What exactly does this mod help do? Doesnt really sound particularly safe... Think pictures may aid my confusion!

Offline gib181

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »
I got this mod from iain at ikustoms,all the t5 guys doing it to get your car bus even lower,if you  want to run smaller rims still have it slammed,after bus was done took to tts roadsport,tracking was only out a touch,so cant be that bad if tts roadsport thinks it ok,90%of t5buses running this mod..

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 11:35:23 pm »
I got this mod from iain at ikustoms,all the t5 guys doing it to get your car bus even lower,if you  want to run smaller rims still have it slammed,after bus was done took to tts roadsport,tracking was only out a touch,so cant be that bad if tts roadsport thinks it ok,90%of t5buses running this mod..

Dont think anyone on here will be getting the hacksaw out on their beloved GTI but the thought was there  :happy2: I am running my Golf low at the moment, pretty much every set of coilovers will run the front into the floor. The only problem then lies with a chassis notch which is air bag / hydrolic teritory anyway!  :smiley:

Offline gib181

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:24 pm »
Listen chris,ive done the mod to a 45 k t5caravelle,some people are shallow,i own mk4r32 with 45 k on clock,lupo gti,v5 beetle,and this  golf gt 2008,they are all my pride and joys,won numerous trophys with them all,some people just dont have mechanicl knowlage,as for beloved items theres your answer,bus is featured in jan camper and bus ,and funny enough has been in volkswagen driver mag,if u dont want to do it fair enough....

Offline gib181

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:02 am »
Why pay air bag money,when u can get as low without cost...