Make a donation

Author Topic: K04'd tsi  (Read 1293 times)

Offline DubwayDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
K04'd tsi
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »
looking into this at the moment, i have recentley taken the heatshield off the turbo to have a good look and it looks like it would fit nicely.

obviously i will need custom manifold, downpipe, custom map  etc but was wondering what would i do with the plug that goes onto the standard recirc valve. i have seen a few aftermarket dv's fitted to some of the us gti's and was wondering what they do with the plug?  i.e fit some sort of modulator so it wont throw up a fault.

also anyone with a k04 for sale please pm me  :wink:

i am hoping to only be running low boost at about 260 flywheel for now if this is possible on a k04 untill i can afford forged rods, pistons..

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: K04'd tsi
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:36:51 pm »
looking into this at the moment, i have recentley taken the heatshield off the turbo to have a good look and it looks like it would fit nicely.

obviously i will need custom manifold, downpipe, custom map  etc but was wondering what would i do with the plug that goes onto the standard recirc valve. i have seen a few aftermarket dv's fitted to some of the us gti's and was wondering what they do with the plug?  i.e fit some sort of modulator so it wont throw up a fault.

also anyone with a k04 for sale please pm me  :wink:

i am hoping to only be running low boost at about 260 flywheel for now if this is possible on a k04 untill i can afford forged rods, pistons..

What turbo comes on the TSI as standard? Are we talking about the 1.4 Twin charged engine by the way.. Just as some people refer to the new 2.0 TSI engine as the 'TSI' too..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 05:49:31 pm »
I know part of the fun is the challenge of fitting different bits but would it not be cheaper to buy a ED30 wouldn't the bigger displacment engine make up for some of the torque ?

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:58:59 pm »
@ jonnyc, yes hes talking about the 1.4 TSI.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633