Make a donation

Author Topic: xenon style lights by FK any good???  (Read 69008 times)

Offline mo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: xenon style lights by FK any good???
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2013, 01:09:39 am »
Funny you should say that. My 5000k hid kit arrived today. Will fit over the weekend.
2007 Ed30 Superchips Bluefin Stg 1
RNS510 & MDI

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:24 am »
I've just put a 50w hid kit in mine to upgrade the 35w kit. Awesome :)

Offline mo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »
I've just put a 50w hid kit in mine to upgrade the 35w kit. Awesome :)

Keano, do you have auto lights or coming home lights on your car ?
2007 Ed30 Superchips Bluefin Stg 1
RNS510 & MDI

Offline vaheedakhtar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2013, 12:46:27 am »
I sent the eBay seller a message last night and, to be honest, have been pretty disappointed with their attitude.

I sent the message at around 9:30pm. Asking when they will have more in stock. He/she responded at about 11:50pm by saying that they were due back in at the end of February. I then asked if they could reserve me a pair, to which they replied "not now, you've already woken me up" - I apologised and said I would contact them in the morning.

So, I replied again, at around lunch time and they then proceeded to tell me they didn't have the setup to reserve anything...to which I responded by asking them to take note of my number and if they could call me then, when they are back in stock. Had no response after that.

These might be a great buy, but the sellers attitude is putting me off from doing any business with them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:48:59 am by vaheedakhtar »

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2013, 09:21:58 am »
^^^ its ebay, not a shop! Just wait until the end of feb and buy a set! They were on ebay for over a week last time and there were only 10 sets.

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2013, 10:13:41 am »
Have you guys found a new supplier?

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2013, 04:28:46 pm »
I sent the eBay seller a message last night and, to be honest, have been pretty disappointed with their attitude.

I sent the message at around 9:30pm. Asking when they will have more in stock. He/she responded at about 11:50pm by saying that they were due back in at the end of February. I then asked if they could reserve me a pair, to which they replied "not now, you've already woken me up" - I apologised and said I would contact them in the morning.

So, I replied again, at around lunch time and they then proceeded to tell me they didn't have the setup to reserve anything...to which I responded by asking them to take note of my number and if they could call me then, when they are back in stock. Had no response after that.

These might be a great buy, but the sellers attitude is putting me off from doing any business with them.

the guys at energized used to have a shop a few years back  there customer service is not so great but you do get the products
golf mk5 1.9 tdi

Offline mtj2k

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • 1.4 TSi GT
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:04 am »
Anyone got any pics with OSRAM's in? just dont fancy them if they look crappy yellow and not HID's either with the new MOT's legislation about levellers and washers! Unless its pretty easy to sway over to H7 bulbs and back again?

Any ideas?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2013, 11:15:17 am »

and not HID's either with the new MOT's legislation about levellers and washers! Unless its pretty easy to sway over to H7 bulbs and back again?

....Are you happy to intentionally swop your car back to a spec which you know would fail its MOT?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline mtj2k

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 1.4 TSi GT
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:58 am »

and not HID's either with the new MOT's legislation about levellers and washers! Unless its pretty easy to sway over to H7 bulbs and back again?

....Are you happy to intentionally swop your car back to a spec which you know would fail its MOT?

Correct!

Based on my opinion that this new legislation is to prevent idiots from simply whacking HID kits into standard Halogen reflectors and blinding everyone. As stated here the light pattern with HID's on these projectors is comparable to OEM Xenon's and as long as you manually lower your beams if you ever have a boot full of bodies, don't do offroading and wash the lights once in a while the rest is just overkill.

Just my opinion of course

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2013, 12:10:04 pm »

Correct!

Based on my opinion that this new legislation is to prevent idiots from simply whacking HID kits into standard Halogen reflectors and blinding everyone. As stated here the light pattern with HID's on these projectors is comparable to OEM Xenon's and as long as you manually lower your beams if you ever have a boot full of bodies, don't do offroading and wash the lights once in a while the rest is just overkill.

Just my opinion of course

....Fair enough, mate  :happy2: I trust you don't mind that I challenged you on the subject - At least other readers can be more informed due to your answer.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:49 pm »
I just happened to read this in another thread: Quote from PDT............

Official wording is:

" HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective. Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems. "

So the HID kit itself is road legal as long as you fit a washer system that works in conjunction with your windscreen washers, and fit a self levelling system.

Offline mtj2k

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 1.4 TSi GT
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2013, 05:19:51 pm »
Yeah i know! but have you seen the costs of retrofitting a washer kit(?) and leveller system(€400)? if you have that amount of money you may as well buy the OEM xenon's.

Still think that if you're sensible about aiming and keeping them clean they wont cause anyone any hassle. Definitely no more than a poorly aimed H7

IMO

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16

Offline jameelno1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • TDI Power
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:16 pm »
golf mk5 1.9 tdi