Make a donation

Author Topic: Diamond Black Edition30 Detail (reflections)  (Read 2775 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Diamond Black Edition30 Detail (reflections)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 08:38:54 am »
Can also say that the paint condition on the car now is fantastic, alot of hard work went into this over a few days.

Well done Simon and David .Fantastic results, pictures are difficult to show the end result in true form :happy2:

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 03:33:19 pm »
Incredible results, better than when it rolled of the production line I hazard to guess!  :notworthy: :notworthy:

How long did the whole process take? Have read through the link you posted, very good write up (advertisement) by Megs and really interesting stuff. Is the Correction System easy to apply, seems straight forward and with the rock hard VAG paint this could be just the thing.

How many pads did you use for each of the 2 stages. I was thinking of getting 2 of each and using a Pad Conditioning Brush to keep them fresh and less clogged up.

Cheers, Martin

:happy2:

You should be fine with 2 of each , the pads last really well. I'd suggest you also buy a couple of 3'' pads and backing plate for the hard to reach areas.  It's also very easy to apply , with very little dusting or mess. The whole process took 3 days , including claying and sealing the wheels... etc...
It's the refining process that supprised me , as this is when you really start to see the defects disappear to a fine gloss  :happy2:

Great work  :congrats:

Did you refurb that nasty wheel too?  :surprised:

:smiley:

That broke my heart when I curbed that wheel as the car didn't have a mark on it until that happened  :sad1:
I hope to get it sorted soon ...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:39:17 pm by maxload »

Offline Powervalve Nige

• Trader - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 84
  • -Receive: 76
  • Don't get angry, get a beter argument
    • POWERVALVE
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 06:07:13 pm »
Great work pal  :happy2: