Make a donation

Author Topic: Need a rant  (Read 3393 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Need a rant
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 06:03:04 pm »
I remember on my S2000 the manual actually showed changing a bulb meant jacking the car up, removing the wheel, the wheel arch liner to get to the back of the light. Unless ofcourse you have hands of a 1 year old...

That's the procedure for the Mk2 SLK!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
I remember on my S2000 the manual actually showed changing a bulb meant jacking the car up, removing the wheel, the wheel arch liner to get to the back of the light. Unless ofcourse you have hands of a 1 year old...

That's the procedure for the Mk2 SLK!

and (IIRC) the Renault Megane, Ford Ka and plenty of others.  I just tell myself that it's good training for my next job - gynaecologist.

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
hmm you have learned a very painful and annoying lesson here.

ive done it repeatedly with both indicator and side light bulbs. the best way to do it is take headlight off car, hold it above your head and shake it around a little and the bulb will slide out. i learned that after many painstaiking and frustrating hours of trying to remove them. i even managed to use the bendy claw tool to push the amber reflector loose from the light, and the sidelight bulb got in front of that. i could see it at the front of the headlight. it bugged the crap out of me for a couple of months until i decided to remove the bumper and headlight.

good luck pal, headlight removal gets my vote! its only a few screws!

Offline GTI_UK

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:04 am »
I was thinking of trying that claw pick up tool... But I'm glad I didn't now. I know take the lights off, refitting the bulbs and replacing the lights will take me all of an hour. But my point is more that changing a bulb should be a 1 minute job like in the old days... Cars seem to have gone backwards on this.