Make a donation

Author Topic: Idiots with fog lights on!! GRRRR  (Read 6038 times)

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Idiots with fog lights on!! GRRRR
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:10:36 am »
Morning folks,

Sorry for this early morning rant but i am sick to death of idiot drivers who drive with fog lights on when it isnt remotely foggy!  :fighting:

i have noticed there are two types of these idiots -

1) people who drive with dipped lights and fog lights -why?why? I have noticed this more with cars that dont have xenons.. connection?
2) people who use fog lights INSTEAD of dipped lights... why mother of god is this better than using dipped beams??? These are the worse kind of idiots  :stupid:  totally inexcusable!!

I cant even flash these idiots (they are normally oncoming) as the car in front think im flashing them!!

grrrrrrrr!!!!
right, rant over!!!!

Rich...... and breeeeeeathe..

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Idiots with fog lights on!! GRRRR
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:30:56 am »
Do you feel the same about LED DRL's? (in the same location as foglights on the Mk5, as mine).

Some cars are switched OEM so that the fogs can't be used unless the headlights are on.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:53 am »
Do you feel the same about LED DRL's? (in the same location as foglights on the Mk5, as mine).

Some cars are switched OEM so that the fogs can't be used unless the headlights are on.

DRL's are fine - the light from the DRL's dont blind you and are an excellent safety feature  :happy2:

just people who use fog lights.....when there isnt any fog..  :fighting:

Rich

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:45:33 am »
What's even worse is the idiots who don't know when to switch on their lights and those that think it's ok to drive around with side lights on in inclement weather or at dusk.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:46:10 am »
It's nearly as annoying as people with those (illegal?) bright blue HID headlights. Who are they trying to kid?!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:54:25 am »

What's even worse is the idiots who don't know when to switch on their lights and those that think it's ok to drive around with side lights on in inclement weather or at dusk.

....I agree! Some drivers don't switch on ANY lights until they can't see ahead. They don't have the intelligence to realise that vehicle lights are also a safety aid to being seen by other road users (pedestrians included).

Apparently the most common words said after an accident/incident are: "I didn't see you!".

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 08:59:20 am »

Even worse when it's people in luxury cars which would be fitted with auto lights!

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:01:06 am »

I see this alot in well lit up areas, people just aren't bothered as long as they can see ahead  :fighting:

sidelights with fog lights on...WTF? WTF? WTF?  :stupid:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4rp23k755mn7etd40erpnircm9&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 09:34:27 am »
It's made even worse when the cretins who do this accidentally put on their rear fog light.... Punishable by death!!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:14 am »
^^^^THIS!!^^^^

I see all of the above loads as I work shifts and so will be going to/coming from work in the dark regularly. :fighting:

I always have my lights on auto - although this doesn't stop me from abuse either as the VW auto lights in my old ED30 used to come on and go off half a dozen times in the space of a minute if I was going under trees. Thankfully the Golf R must have a timer limit on and if the auto lights come on they stay on for a certain period of time before going off again. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19:44 am »
Are you able to control the front and rear fog lights independently in a GTI? Not that I want to of course...

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:59 am »

Are you able to control the front and rear fog lights independently in a GTI? Not that I want to of course...

....Yes - You pull out the switch towards you? I know when I'm in the car!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »
You can have the fronts on their own but to have the rears you need the fronts on as well.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 12:21:17 pm »
You can have the fronts on their own but to have the rears you need the fronts on as well.

Cheers Hedge, that's what I wanted to know. Surely pointless though. If it's foggy don't you need both front and rear fog lights on?

Offline Andy_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 12:35:28 pm »
Morning folks,

Sorry for this early morning rant but i am sick to death of idiot drivers who drive with fog lights on when it isnt remotely foggy!  :fighting:

i have noticed there are two types of these idiots -

1) people who drive with dipped lights and fog lights -why?why? I have noticed this more with cars that dont have xenons.. connection?
2) people who use fog lights INSTEAD of dipped lights... why mother of god is this better than using dipped beams??? These are the worse kind of idiots  :stupid:  totally inexcusable!!

I cant even flash these idiots (they are normally oncoming) as the car in front think im flashing them!!

grrrrrrrr!!!!
right, rant over!!!!

Rich...... and breeeeeeathe..

A few weeks ago I saw a mk5 gti coming towards me.
As a mk5 gti owner I was having a good look.

He had he fogs lights on (why I have no idea). But the iceying on the cake
was he also had his sunglasses on!!!!!  :stupid:

This had me in stitches!!!! Lol