Make a donation

Author Topic: OEM front fog light retrofit  (Read 5078 times)

Offline noog

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
OEM front fog light retrofit
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »
Although I guess most of you guys have GTI's that came equipped from the factory with front fogs, I need a little help retrofitting them to my 1.6 FSI.

I wanted to do this the "proper" way, so have upgraded my CECM to highline, and I've got oem fog lamps, light switch, and a kufatec harness.

All of the guides are written for Left hand drive cars, with the fog light wiring going under the battery and into the cabin. Unfortunately this means If i do this, the wires come out in my glovebox, nowhere near my CECM module!

Has anyone retrofitted this to a RHD golf, and if so, which path did you take your wires?

Thanks!

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: OEM front fog light retrofit
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:37:35 am »
Sorry to be absolutly no help whatsoever  :chicken:

But I am also very very interested in this!  :happy2:

Offline noog

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:43:55 pm »
Well i've messaged a few peeps on uk-mkiv's , aswell as Eddie-NL, who've given me a few options for wiring. I'm going to be attempting this install next week, I'll take some pictures along the way and write up a guide for us RHD peeps!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12:48 am »
main loom runs through the bulkhead beside the cecm and comes out under brake servo under the bonnet...
just get a coat hanger and push through the grommit and tape your fogs loom to hanger and pull whole lot from under the bonnet
 :laugh: :laugh:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:14:31 am »
Why are you doing this? Seems like a whole load of effort and expense for lights you'll use once in a blue moon...

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 08:06:57 am »
Why are you doing this? Seems like a whole load of effort and expense for lights you'll use once in a blue moon...

He could be setting it up for DRL's

But even still, it's a nice mod and some people prefer the look of the front with then!  :P

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:47 am »

But even still, it's a nice mod and some people prefer the look of the front with then!  :P

Yeah, I'd forgot the front looks a bit plain without them.

Offline noog

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46:04 am »

Cornering lights! ;-)

I already had the CECM for the MFSW retrofit, and I'm installing a GT bumper so it would look a bit plain without the fogs installed!  :driver:

Thanks for your reply marko, I'll try and go that way!  :laugh: