Make a donation

Author Topic: oem rear clusters for gti, how many is there  (Read 7105 times)

scottm72

Re: oem rear clusters for gti, how many is there
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 08:39:16 pm »
The LED OEM ones only come in one colour and that is the colour they are on my car, robins car etc. The black ones on Nicks R32 are modified oem ones that have been tinted to black.
ok they only come in one shade, got that, next question is does anyone know of any company that sells these that have been tinted to a darker shade ?
not that I mind the way they come but just want to check that.
secondly, I see from your picture that you have the right side fog light inner reflector still there, is it still this way as I have asked a few times without anyone being able to tell me if I was just to remove the red reflector from the right side unit and put in a red bulb would I then need to buy and put in place a clear reflector for that side, hence being able to have both inner sides displaying identical clear reflectors ?
also when you engage reverse the wrong side is then still going to light up isn't it, do you then just change the coding in vcds so the car knows what it is doing ?

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »
Uk cars are wired up different to eu cars so regardless to what bulbs you have in, if you put your reverse light on the passenger side would light up, if you put the fog light on the drivers side would light up.

Tinting is something you would probably have to do yourself unless you could find a company to do it for you.

I've never known anyone to buy a clear rear reflector when they have put a red fog bulb in, plus I don't think you can get them anyway

ReeceH13

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 08:53:32 pm »
Thanks for your help guys, I thought they were a bit darker, that's the main reason I want to change, I take it they're E-Marked - road legal no MOT issues (obv. swap the fog) ?

thanks

scottm72

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »
Uk cars are wired up different to eu cars so regardless to what bulbs you have in, if you put your reverse light on the passenger side would light up, if you put the fog light on the drivers side would light up.

Tinting is something you would probably have to do yourself unless you could find a company to do it for you.

I've never known anyone to buy a clear rear reflector when they have put a red fog bulb in, plus I don't think you can get them anyway
ok I don't get this, people buy these units and everyone needs to swap over the internal bits to make the right thing light up when in reverse etc,,, I get this.
what I don't get is some people on this forum have modified the lights so the inner reflectors are both WHITE
now I am told they just put a red bulb in and remove the red reflector but that is as much information I have and cant seem to get anyone to elaborate on this ??
having both inner reflectors the same clear colour looks more symmetrical as far as I can see but how you do this exactly I do not know.
this is what I am trying to figure out so apologies for the unclear version of what I am trying to do before.
any ideas on this please

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »
Ok guys....Who's got a link for these...seriously want them....(UK ONLY tho)....Thanks guys
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 09:29:30 pm »

ok I don't get this, people buy these units and everyone needs to swap over the internal bits to make the right thing light up when in reverse etc,,, I get this.
what I don't get is some people on this forum have modified the lights so the inner reflectors are both WHITE
now I am told they just put a red bulb in and remove the red reflector but that is as much information I have and cant seem to get anyone to elaborate on this ??
having both inner reflectors the same clear colour looks more symmetrical as far as I can see but how you do this exactly I do not know.
this is what I am trying to figure out so apologies for the unclear version of what I am trying to do before.
any ideas on this please

Your making this WAY to complicated bud.  :grin:

The single red reflector is removed, that's it, nothing else in terms of modifying the unit. Clear bulb is then removed and replaced with a red bulb for the fog light. It will "appear" they are both clear, that's  all, no biggy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:32:01 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »
Ok guys....Who's got a link for these...seriously want them....(UK ONLY tho)....Thanks guys

There not UK units, they need modifying. Read the thread.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

ReeceH13

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »
E-marked? MOT?  :sad1:

scottm72

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:39 pm »

any ideas on this please

Your making this WAY to complicated bud.  :grin:

The single red reflector is removed, that's it, nothing else in terms of modifying the unit. Clear bulb is then removed and replaced with a red bulb for the fog light. It will "appear" they are both clear, that's  all, no biggy.
not me making it complicated but people trying to explain it before not making sense, now that you have explained it in 2 simple lines I understand so thanks for that.
any ideas as to exactly what bulb is needed to replace the white one ?

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:05 pm »

There not UK units, they need modifying. Read the thread.

Ok MC, i get it now...good explanation. So it that the main place to buy them from? and like the other guy said...any particular bulb needed?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)