Make a donation

Author Topic: Need plans for my 1.4!  (Read 4192 times)

Offline FrameSet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,102535.0.html
Re: Need plans for my 1.4!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 10:31:16 am »
Thanks for all the replys!

I'm planning on keeping it for a good while unless inruance for young drivers suddenly drops and i can get a quicker one!  :grin:
If i head up to uni ill have this for at least another 3-4 years.

Colour coding was something i forgot to mention, I would like to do that but is it easy to get the right finish (colour match)?

Also I think i'd rather lower on springs first just to keep things simple. I can't go too low as living/ working on a farm and constantly driving around country roads and farm tracks is something this golf will have to put up with!

And something else i forgot was caliper painting. Will red look a bit over the top do you think?
Regarding wheels ive always had a thing for bbs lm's.. are there many good reps out there?

Stereo upgrade was also something i thought about went i first went to see the car. I may just get an ipod lead put in the back for the time being.

And regarding the highline.... what exactly is that?  :ashamed: Is it upragding to things 'better' models would have?

Offline FrameSet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,102535.0.html
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »
Hoping you guys might be able to help me,
 the drivers side door skin is loose at the top (under the mirror). I've had a look around the hinge end and there is a torx screw missing that holds the skin against the rest of it. Any idea of the size of the screw or where i can source one?

Cheers

Offline jack_maxwell

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 07:26:42 pm »
Any news on the car mate? got a 1.4 to and just interested to see what you've done.

Offline mohammed10

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »
Id definitely start off with colour coding the bumper and door strips first.
I've got a 1.9TDI in the same colour.
I saved money for coilovers and wheels, got a Revo stage 1 map.
Then an RNS510 came along, currently looking for GTi seats and a GTD front bumper, then i'm sorted lol.

I tried to save as much money as possible to buy the higher costing things which had a larger impact to the car's appearance.
But obviously, everyone likes to mod their cars to their own taste.
You're definitely on the right forum for mk5 inspiration.  :happy2: