Make a donation

Author Topic: TECHNICAL HELP - ELEC / RNS  (Read 2126 times)

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: TECHNICAL HELP - ELEC / RNS
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 03:35:22 pm »
so are we talking professional monitors or good high end over the head rest ones or cheap halfords jobbies?

if that's all you want you don't need the alpine box at all, if you buy option 1, which as i said you defo need anyway to change the rgb to composite with sound as well.

so you can see it gives 2 video outs and 1 stereo audio out which could be split to feed into any monitors.

when the rns is set to output dvd, it will not be interrupted at all and will work ok for the kids in the back.

at any later stage you can add the OEM camera if you buy a cheap camera your into changing the video signal again back to rgb as the RNS only inputs and outputs RGB signals.

BUT if you do decide to add a camera all the wires must go to the existing plug so some pin swapping is required in the future, if you have never done fiddly car electrics before its not the hardest but can be a pain if your learning.

you also asked what i'm running, well i have rns 510, oem tv tuner and oem reverse camera plus i have same as option 1 in your ebay list for outputting to some rear monitors, i don't have any installed but i ran power and video and sound for if/when i ever got round to it
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 03:53:04 pm by SI-R32 »
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Re: TECHNICAL HELP - ELEC / RNS
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 04:44:45 pm »
Just got back from Car Audio (Birmingham) lol they just looked at me with a blank look and said - be best for you to buy a new head unit lol

Si, where are you located lol ?

The monitors are OK - Alpine one, but they have little round plugs that go into the Alpine 'control box as such' they are not rca. The RCA connectors come out of the Apline control box.

What TV tunner you using? does this use the same video out of the RNS >

You say a CHEAP camera - does this mean it would have to be one of the number plate/low camera's? could a OEM one still be fitted with pin swapping?

The add + of using the Apline unit - I can plug in the wiresless headphones IF needed
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights