Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS 510 TMC / Traffic ''no message'' Problem!!  (Read 2935 times)

Offline flyboy1976

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 15
RNS 510 TMC / Traffic ''no message'' Problem!!
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:19:27 pm »
Hi guys, I have no idea on this one guys so please can someone help me..... I have an issue with the TMC/Traffic messages not showing anything regardless of if I set TMC settings to ''on route'' or ''all''!  I have enabled the RNS radio service/secret menu and tried all sorts like putting older software and maps on but to no avail!
It's just not showing any assigned TMC channels when you click on the TMC button in the ''test'' or ''secret'' menu, and I can't find a setting to 'scan' nor allocate one manually, its always set to automatic but never seems to assign a channel like Classic FM. From what I understand you get TMC from Classic FM...which I can pick up on FM radio no problem.

It was working a while back and all of a sudden it stopped, I have updated to a newer firmware version of late and newer maps as well.
I have now downgraded to 2720 firmware and V6.1 maps which is what the unit (version C) was shipped with. I do remember one of the ''4'' series firmwares deleted certain settings (but cant remember exactly what) but I thought if this was an issue with the firmware causing this problem then downgrading would resolve the issue i am experiencing but apparently not. Please someone help.

Cheers very much in advance!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: RNS 510 TMC / Traffic ''no message'' Problem!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:50:04 pm »
Im having this problem aswell but not really looked into it yet!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build