Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone with a Miltek non res &/or Biltein B12 setup? In the Farnborough area  (Read 969 times)

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Hi All,

After only a couple of months of GTI ownership the mod bug has bitten! I had planned to leave it well alone with the exception of a RNS510 and colour coded rear bumper.
Now I'm looking at a few things.....  :evilgrin:

I'm planning on a miltek ( R32 style) with either Bilstein B12 setup or just vwr springs.
Down the line: carbino (sp?) intake, eibach ARB, remap.

Coming from a lowered and loud  clio 182, I really enjoy the comfort and quietness of the GTI, so concerned that the bilstein and miltek will sacrifice this too much for my liking.

Before buying them and regretting it I wondered if there are any members on here that have either of these or both and don't mind taking a passenger out in exchange for beer tokens?  :drinking:   I'm based near Farnborough but will travel around if you're not too far :) 

Failing that does anyone have any experience of these products? How much do they sacrifice comfort and noise levels?

Thanks guys.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
I'm too far away to take you out on a run but I have a b12 kit and don't notice any difference over stock except from more confidence in the corners, the springs and dampers in the kit are matched to work well with each other.

Have a look on eBay.de for the b12 kit I got mine brand new for £550 delivered

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Hi Baz,

Have you got the 20mm drop ones or the 40mm, as I believe they have made both? Any pictures with them fitted so I can see how low they look?

Cheers for the tip about ebay.de  :happy2:

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Hey Wattso! Where abouts are you as I live near Farnboro and work there  :happy2:

I dont however have GTi only *cough* a TDI, but still love it to bits. I think you could get away with fitting loads of soundproofing and you would be fine with a miltek but could be wrong  :grin:

What colour is the car il keep an eye out!

Offline wattso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Hi Chris,

I live in Camberley and work in central Farnborough. Mines a Steel grey gti with a private reg  :smiley:

Hopefully no soundproofing will be necessary :surprised:!

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
Hi Chris,

I live in Camberley and work in central Farnborough. Mines a Steel grey gti with a private reg  :smiley:

Hopefully no soundproofing will be necessary :surprised:!

Pm me your reg and il keep an eye out! Mines a dark blue lowered 1.9 TDI :P

Offline Sportline30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Wattso, I am in Fleet and have a Miltek TBE resonated though with remap on my ED30 and a few other mods.  :happy2:

Happy to take you for a little spin if you would like.  :driver:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
Everyone is coming out the woodwork! Maybe a mini meet in the summer :P

Offline Black9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
I'm too far away to take you out on a run but I have a b12 kit and don't notice any difference over stock except from more confidence in the corners, the springs and dampers in the kit are matched to work well with each other.

Have a look on eBay.de for the b12 kit I got mine brand new for £550 delivered

Did u get stung with import tax?

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
Ive got an r32 style non res milltek on mine.  Sound good. Unfortunately im in sheffield. I did have bilsteins on but have now gone back to coilies as they didn't sit quite low enough for me. I had the h&r 35mm spring set up on them. Tbh mate i can only re iterate what has been said further up the thread. Superb set of shocks and spring combo. Thos is how it sat with them on

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Hi Baz,

Have you got the 20mm drop ones or the 40mm, as I believe they have made both? Any pictures with them fitted so I can see how low they look?

Cheers for the tip about ebay.de  :happy2:
I
I have the sports lines which are 40mm drop but the GTI is 20mm lower than standard so it's only a 20mm drop really
The pro kit will be the same height as a standard GTI

This is mine on 19s