Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Remap Pricing on older Mk5 GTi's  (Read 19315 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Revo Remap Pricing on older Mk5 GTi's
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

Understand but why do REVO charge so much when you can get as good re-map at independent dealer for less money, not just R-tech but JABBASPORT etc.

....My guess is huge overheads to cover and on an international basis.

Small operators like R-Tech can afford to charge less much more easily and are also keener to become more established and grab a market share.

I always get Jabbasport and JBS mixed up but one of them should definitely be avoided!! Bad reports all over the hyperinterwebbynet forums.

Personally, I'm very happy with Revo's remaps and being individually very well looked after by Jim at JKM as a fully approved Revo agent.

JABBASPORT are the good guys, really no their stuff!

Jabbasport have also been tuning VAG cars long before REVO existed  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Saintsteve

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 04:16:03 pm »
Why go REVO when you can go Rtech for half the price :happy2:

this  :congrats:  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:57 pm »
Jabbasport have also been tuning VAG cars long before REVO existed  :happy2:

Only 5 years according to their respective websites.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 05:55:00 pm »
Even with the 20% I'm going to be £549 for a stage 2 revo map at Wallace performance (only place within 120 miles)
Then an extra £60 for a rolling road session if required. And another £189 if I want the SPS switch

I was considering switching to revo but I won't be able to get the car in until after the deal has ended and that's going to be £900 just for a map, rolling road and switch

Surely revo has recouped there R&D costs for the mk5 golf by now

If the price was reasonable I would go for a revo but I'm going to get an APR fuel pump next year and ask superchips for the original stage 2 map

I was happy with the bluefin stage 2 but suffered fuel cuts

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »
Even with the 20% I'm going to be £549 for a stage 2 revo map at Wallace performance (only place within 120 miles)
Then an extra £60 for a rolling road session if required. And another £189 if I want the SPS switch

I was considering switching to revo but I won't be able to get the car in until after the deal has ended and that's going to be £900 just for a map, rolling road and switch

If the price was reasonable I would go for a revo but I'm going to get an APR fuel pump next year and ask superchips for the original stage 2 map

Baz,

I'm looking at Star Performance in Kirkcaldy. My uncle got his Cupra remapped there and he was fairly positive about them and I don't think he's had any issues. 2 hour drive there and the same back. Think it's GIAC the use so no idea if they are any good or not. Not sure if his was just stage 1 but it was 550 including the rolling road session and box so you can switch back to standard.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »

Baz,

I'm looking at Star Performance in Kirkcaldy. My uncle got his Cupra remapped there and he was fairly positive about them and I don't think he's had any issues. 2 hour drive there and the same back. Think it's GIAC the use so no idea if they are any good or not. Not sure if his was just stage 1 but it was 550 including the rolling road session and box so you can switch back to standard.

Cool

Ill bear it in mind, I think I am going to have to uprate the fuel pump no matter what softwear I go for so will give the bluefin a chance after that's done

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »

I think I am going to have to uprate the fuel pump no matter what softwear I go for so will give the bluefin a chance after that's done

....An uprated or good aftermarket HPFP will benefit and more reliably meet the fuelling demands of any 2.0T FSI engine which has a remap.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »
This is a question that has been asked in our shop many times, Revo is £600 and our custom dyno tuned TFSi software is £349, but we do get customers that want revo and won't have anything else.

We then get the customers that think £349 is a 'rip off' due to the chavtastic parts shop down the road offering Remaps for £150 if you pay cash. And they like the fact it takes them only 30 mins whereas we spend 3 hours on the car, so there is a market for fast and cheap work.

Then the same bargain basement customers that actually complain to US because they can get what they believe to be the same thing cheaper elsewhere! It's not as if we are forcing them to buy anything.

However I do feel that now the cars value has dropped significantly, Revo may choose to rethink the price, but if they are still selling lots of TFSI maps then why would they?

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:57 pm »
Well said  :congrats: :drinking:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »
This is a question that has been asked in our shop many times, Revo is £600 and our custom dyno tuned TFSi software is £349, but we do get customers that want revo and won't have anything else.

We then get the customers that think £349 is a 'rip off' due to the chavtastic parts shop down the road offering Remaps for £150 if you pay cash. And they like the fact it takes them only 30 mins whereas we spend 3 hours on the car, so there is a market for fast and cheap work.

Then the same bargain basement customers that actually complain to US because they can get what they believe to be the same thing cheaper elsewhere! It's not as if we are forcing them to buy anything.

However I do feel that now the cars value has dropped significantly, Revo may choose to rethink the price, but if they are still selling lots of TFSI maps then why would they?

If you were closer to me I would rather get a custom map from yourself than a generic map

You don't really want all the chavs  having your maps as try will thrash there cars from cold then shut the car down without letting it cool down

Then they will try and blame you for there engine going pop because they don't know how to run a tuned car

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 09:57:05 pm »
We are sometimes selective with our customers, and have turned down tuning on some cars due to the personality and/or behaviour of the owner  :signLOL:

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 09:58:58 pm »
We are sometimes selective with our customers, and have turned down tuning on some cars due to the personality and/or behaviour of the owner  :signLOL:

Quite right!!

What's the furthest someone has come to get their car done?

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 01:47:09 am »

I had the same conversation with a bloke the other day. He was on about wanting his mk4 remapped, and the  'E*****e place was by far the cheapest, so he was going to take it there. Until I explained what they actually do, and basically what he will be getting, he decided against the place, and you should be seeing a green mk4 golf sometime in the next month or so :happy2:
People just think a remap is a remap, until you learn the hard way :scared:

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 07:14:59 am »

If you were closer to me I would rather get a custom map from yourself than a generic map

[/quote]

If you ask Dave nicely he might have a colleague somewhere closer to where you live. I did this through Storm Developments in Reading. They took a map off my car, e-mailed it to Dave, Dave mailed back the new PDT map, it was datalogged on a spirited drive in my car by Tim @ Storm, and then they got it on the rollers for dyno testing. All for 300 plus VAT.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 12:56:42 pm »
Jabbasport have also been tuning VAG cars long before REVO existed  :happy2:

Only 5 years according to their respective websites.

I was buying parts for my MK2's from Jabbasport 10-11 years ago, pretty sure they been around since mid/late 90's?  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:03:37 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14